WAR THUNDER PRESENTS Update 1.91 “Night Vision”
Night Vision and Thermal Sight devices, Chinese air and ground forces, a map rotation filter, new sound engine, three new locations, new ground vehicles, helicopters, naval vessels and aircraft - including the Phantom II and MiG-21, plus numerous fixes and updates for existing machines and game mechanics. This, and much more awaits you in update 1.91 "Night Vision"!
Night Vision Devices and Thermal Sights
Helicopters and ground vehicles have received Night Vision Devices and Thermal Sights (this applies to modern machines on which these devices were actually used).
New nation - China!
38 new machines including ground vehicles, fighters and bombers from World War II till more modern times!
- Gladiator Mk.I
- I-153 M-62
- I-16 Chung 28
- I-16 type 5
- I-16 type 10
- Ki-27 otsu
- Ki-43-III ko
- I-16 type 17
- Ki-44-II hei
- Ki-61-I otsu
- MiG-9 (l)
- Hs 123A-1
- Mosquito FB.Mk.26
- IL-10 (1946)
- Martin 139WC
- SB 2М-103U
- P1Y1 mod. 11 "Ginga"
- Hawk III (premium)
- H-81A-2 (pack)
- Shenyang F-5 (pack)
- M8 LAC
- M3A3 Stuart
- M4A1 (76) W
- Type 63-I
- Type 62
- M60A3 TTS
- Chi-Ha Kai
- Т-34 (1943)
- Т-34-85 (S-53)
- Т-34-85 Gai
- IS-2 mod.1944
- Type 59
- Type 69
- LVT(A)(4) (ZiS-2)
- Type 65
- M113A1 (TOW)
- Т-26 №531 (premium)
- M4A4 (1st PTG) (pack)
- Т-62 №545 (pack)
New Ground Vehicles
- M48A2 C
- Ostwind II
- SIDAM 25 (Mistral)
- Ariete PSO
- Panther “Dauphine” (premium)
- MiG-21 F-13
- MiG-17AS (pack)
- Re.2005 serie 0
- Vampire FB 52A
- CL-13 Mk.4
- EC-665 Tiger UHT
- Mi-24P HFS 80 (premium)
- Admiral Hipper
- Type 1939 (T31) (premium)
- HMS Arethusa
- MGB-75 (premium)
- Type 4 Model 4 (premium)
- IJN Mogami
New Locations and Missions
- Location “Palau islands” for naval battles.
- Location “Cargo port” for ground battles.
- Location “Japanese port” for naval battles.
- New missions for new players in the RB game mode have been added: “[Operation] Middle East”, “[Operation] Ladoga”, “[Operation] Counterattack near Smolensk”, “[Operation] Kokhinhin”, “[Operation] Central Tunisia”
Examples of bugs corrected by player reports
We want to thank you for correctly created bug reports! Below you will find some of the bug fixes that were possible with your help. You continue to assist us to make War Thunder better!
- ОТО Melara RЗ armoured cars can now swim.
- Karo Tei type 2 — The 37mm Type 94 cannon has been changed to the 37mm Type 4.
- Artifacts appearing when the range for howitzer guns was increased have been fixed.
- Pr. 1204 Late — The Initial speed of the 53-BR-354 shell has been equated with a similar shell, the PT-76B.
- The situation when a shot down helicopter that lost its tail rotor maintained horizontal controllability for a limited time has been fixed.
- Shturm-S — A bug where it wasn’t possible to shoot even after repairing a damaged ATGM launcher has been fixed.
- Hunter F.6 — A bug with the animation of the flap operation has been fixed.
- Description for the Т-72А 1983 modification has been added..
- The ammunition loadout for the Type 75 machine gun has been changed from 1000 to 600.
- M901 ITV - The vehicle is not able to swim in reality, according to the Operator's manual for Combat Vehicle, Anti-Tank, Improved TOW Vehicle, M901 | NSN 2350-01-045-1123.
- MBK Pr.186 — Errors in the armour of main calibre turrets where some armoured plates weren’t displayed in the armour view in hangar have been fixed.
- T20 — The armour of the upper frontal part has been changed from 76.2 to 63.5 mm according to Royal Army Corps - Technical Situation Report No. 3.
- The incorrect operation of the air horizon on a number of aircraft and the altimeter on the Bf 109 has been fixed.
- The shaking (twitching) of the sight on cannons with stabilizer which manifests itself when using hydropneumatic suspension has been fixed
- Incorrect description of the 12.7mm belts has been corrected on a number of ships.
- For a number of British cannons at the 4-8 inches calibres, shells with remote detonators have been added - according to BR 932 Handbook On Ammunition  и ряду других источников.
- HMS Tiger — Armour belt in the area of ammunition magazines has been fixed.
- Bugs that permitted going beyond the boundaries of the battlefield in the location “Krymsk” have been fixed.
- Bugs that permitted going beyond the boundaries of the battlefield in the location “Port Novorossiysk” have been fixed.
Location and mission updates
- The behavior of AI in the locations “Black Sea Port” and “Kursk” has been improved.
- Several bugs on the following locations have been fixed “Stalingrad”, “Mozdok”, “Korea”, “Krymsk”, “Port Novorossiysk”, “Finland” and “Coral Islands”.
- New scenario for Enduring Confrontation: naval convoys. On the map border, naval convoys will appear which will move towards the sea ports of their respective team. Whilst the convoy is active, the allied team has additional respawn points close to it. The enemy team will also have respawn points at a distance from the convoy. Based on players feedback and further tests it will be decided whether or not to leave enemy respawn points or change them. The number of ships in the convoy depends on the number of players in the game session and on the port size where the convoy is attempting to reach.
- New scenario for Enduring Confrontation: port attack. Each team will have 3 ports at the start of the mission. Each port has several AI ships which will defend the base. Each port is immediately available for players to capture and there are no additional tasks for capturing the ports. If the convoy from the “naval convoy” scenario reaches its port it is very likely that the AI ships from this port will attack one of the enemy ports and the players will receive additional points for helping them to capture enemy port.
- New scenario for Enduring Confrontation: naval bombers. In case there is an active naval convoy on the map the enemy team may have a bomber which will attack and destroy the convoy. The entire logic of the scenario is working in the same way as for ordinary bombers attacking ground bases, but now their targets are convoy ships.
- [Enduring Confrontation] English Channel is now the mission for combined naval battles (ships and aircraft). In this mission only the allied team will receive additional respawns close to convoy.
- New mission [Enduring Confrontation] Saipan in which is represented only with naval and aircraft which play a secondary role. In this mission, with the appearance of the convoy both teams will receive additional respawns (allied- close to the convoy, enemy - farther away from the convoy).
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- The damage model for large modules, units and assemblies like the breech, transmission and engines has been reworked. Now, those modules use volumetric technology. So the protecting effect of these modules depends on the trajectory of the shell inside them and the point from which the secondary fragments will be generated by the penetration is now the point of "exit" from the module.
- C1 Ariete - The modification (War kit), that increases the protection level of the hull and turret, has been added.
- T20 - The armour of the upper frontal part has been changed from 76.2 to 63.5 mm. Source: Royal Army Corps - Technical Situation Report No. 3 Appendix G // Pershing A History of the Medium Tank T20 Series
- M901 ITV - The possibility of overcoming water obstacles while travelling in water has been removed. The vehicle is not able to swim. Sight magnification has been changed from 4-8x to 3-13x. Source: TM 9-2350-259-1, Operator's manual for combat vehicle, anti-tank, improved tow vehicle, M901
- Chieftain Mk.3/Mk.5/Mk.10 - A bug causing an increased spread on the BL Tk. L11 cannon has been fixed.
- AUBL/74, R3 T20 FA-HS, R3T106 FA, FIAT 6614, AUBL/74 60/70M - A bug related to an inability to overcome water barriers while travelling through water has been fixed. The vehicles can now swim.
- Tank-shaking, which would occur while turning on the spot, has been fixed for the following vehicles:
- Chi-Ha Kai
- Ho-Ni I
- Ho-Ni III
- Pz.III B
- Pz.III E
- Pz.III F
- Pz.III J
- Type 60 ATM - The maximum speed has been changed from 37 to 45 km/h. Source: Provisional formula outline of Type 60 armored vehicle XD8001 - September 7, 1960.
- Challenger 2 - The maximum speed has been changed from 56 to 59 km/h. Source: Haynes. Owners Workshop Manual. Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. // Challenger 2, Specifications, Army Website
- Challenger Mk.2 - The default shell (L15A5) has been changed to the L23.
- 3inch Gun Carrier - Maximum speed has been changed from 20.5 to 25.6 km/h. Source:CARRIER, CHURCHILL, 3-in. GUN MARK I SERVICE INSTRUCTION BOOK. FIRST EDITION. AUGUST, 1942.
- RBT-5 - The tank’s mass has been changed from 11,600 to 12,100kg. Previously, the mass of the rockets wasn’t counted.
- SOMUA S.35 - The hull’s frontal armour plate thickness has been changed from 35 to 47 mm. Sources: Link 1, Link 2
- Churchill Mk.VII - The default sight has been changed to a sight with 3-6x magnification. Source: CHURCHILL VII 75MM MK. 5 OR 5/1 GUN AND 7.92MM BESA MACHINE GUN ARMAMENT TRAINING PAMPHLET (PROVISIONAL) ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLES SCHOOL
- T29, T30, T34 - Magnification for the sight has been changed from a fixed 5x to a variable 4-8x. Source: Royal Army Corps - Technical Situation Report No. 36, 1945 / Hunnicutt: Firepower - A History of the American Heavy Tank
- VFW - Magnification for the sight has been changed from 4х to 6х. Source: Tactical and Technical Trends. Number 36, 21 october 1943
- The following vehicles now have the “Improved optics” and “Airstrike” modifications:
- Type 16
- Centauro Romor
- SAM missiles have had a restriction on the operation of a non-contact fuse at low altitudes added. If the missile's flight altitude is less than 25 meters above the surface, the non-contact fuse will not be activated and the target can only be hit with a direct hit of the missile.
- A number of modern IR-guided missiles (Mistral, Eagle and Stinger) have received protection against interference, which makes IRCM completely ineffective. Flares can be effective only at a very high rate of fire (at least 3 times per second).
- Slope effect values for AP rounds have been specified for striking angles of 40-65 degrees. Penetration in this angular range has been increased.
- Penetration values for APCR/HVAP shells have been specified by the appropriate calculation method.
- Tail fuse presets have been reconsidered in APHE rounds. Armour thickness values for fuse arming have been changed:
- Small calibres (through 57mm): 9mm;
- Medium calibres (from 57 through 90mm):14mm;
- Large calibres (over 90mm): 19mm;
- 3.7 cm Type 1 APHE - The mass of the shell has been changed from 0.62 to 0.72 kg. Source: 試製一〇〇式三十七粍戦車砲研究報告 - Research report about Experimental Type 100 37 mm tank gun / Japanese Ammunition Part IV 25mm - 70mm, 20 July 1945. Report No. 12-b(52), USSBS Index Section 6, Military Intelligence Division.
- 90mm T33 - The initial speed has been changed from 822 to 853 m/sec. Source - ARMOR-PIERCING AMMUNITION FOR GUN 90MM M3 January 1945 / TERMINAL BALLISTIC DATA VOL 3 September 1945.
- 75 mm Shot M61 (QF Mk.V) - The mass of the shell has been changed from 6.79 to 6.53 kg. Source: Service Instruction Book Churchill VII & VIII(1944) //TM 9-1901 Artillery Ammunition(1944) US Army
- 152 mm XM578E1, 105 mm M735 - Penetration density has been increased from 17,500 to 18,500 kg/m3. Penetration characteristics have been calculated according to the Lanz-Odermatt formula. Sources: Tank Ammo Section Report No. 107. A Comparison of the Advantage and Disadvantages of Depleted Uranium and Tungsten Alloy as Penetrator materials. June 1980 // Drawing No. TN 735-010 Swaged Bar M735, Machine Operation #8. Revision 3 or 4. Teledyne Firth Sterling //
- 4.7cm Granata Perforante Mod.39, 120 mm Obus de rupture, 155mm M112B1, 105mm T182E1, 120 mm M358 - The previously used preset for the slope effect has been changed from “apbc” to “ap”. Source: World War 2 Ballistics Armor and Gunnery, 2nd Edition // ARMOR-PIERCING AMMUNITION for Gun, 90-mm, M3 January 1945 // TM 9-1300-203 ARTILLERY AMMUNITION, April 1967
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- The correct implementation of the gyro sight in aircraft cockpits has been added for aircraft equipped with gyro sights.
- The suspended weaponry setup on the Mi-35M has been changed. The variant with 16 9M120 ATGM has been excluded from available presets as in reality there is no possibility of using ATGM from any point of suspension except the fourth (far right position). As a replacement the possibility of using MANPADS "Igla" on this helicopter has been added.
- PB4Y-2 — The number of crew members in the vehicle card has been fixed (source).
- PV-2D — The order of the bombs when dropping has been fixed (source).
- F7F-1, F7F-3 — Armour has been fixed.
- SA-341F Gazelle, SA-342M Gazelle — Flares have been added.
- AH-1Z — Suspended weaponry presets, with 28 unguided missiles and other variations, have been deleted.
- Radio range finders for gyroscopic sights have been added for the following aircraft:
- F-86F-40 JASDF
- CL-13 Mk.4
- CL-13A Mk.5
- CL-13B Mk.6
- FJ-4B VMF-232
- Hunter F.1
- Hunter F.6
- Swift F.1
- Swift F.7
- Tu-2 — Bomb presets for suspended weaponry have been fixed.
- 9M17 - missile launch range has been fixed..
- MiG-15bis (all modifications) — G-suit modification has been added (source).
- Mi-24P (Germany) — HIRSS has been added.
- Sea Hawk (all modifications) — Localization of the bomb weaponry has been fixed.
- MiG-19PT — Missile-bomb presets have been added to the suspended weaponry.
- SB-2 (all modifications) — The relationship between modifications and bomb presets for suspended weaponry has been added.
- The launch area of some ATGMs has been limited in azimuth and degree relative to the launcher. This area will be displayed in the helicopter sight.
- The range scale with indication of the maximum range of ATGM using has been added to the helicopter sight.
- Mechanics on missile homing devices activation on aircraft and ground vehicles has been improved. Now the activation of the homing device will be performed by pressing the missile launch button in addition to pressing a separate designated “capture” button. In the capture method, the missile will switch to search mode and any secondary pressing of the button on a “captured” target will launch the missile.
Flight Model changes
- Helicopters (all) - rotor and anti-torque propeller physics has been improved. Pitch speed now affects the rotor’s thrust speed and roll trim. When flying with high pitch speeds, which is close to critical, the excessive roll towards retreating rotor blade is taking effect. Helicopter flight characteristics have been specified (max speeds, climb rates, etc.). The max pitch setting rate and swash plate speed have been increased. Anti-torque pitch control speed has also been increased for more precise helicopter control (to provide sturdier connection between controls and whashplate and anti-torque propeller, set the max sensitivity and zero dead-air zone). Rotor thrust in axial flow on low speeds has been adjusted: climb rate goes to maximum when thrust is increasing.
- Helicopters without stabilization systems (UH-1, Sa-313) - hover mode is implemented as passing control to the second pilot in full control mode. Autopilot in Mouse aim mode has been adjusted smoother turns without speed loss. Excessive maximum climb rate in Arcade Battles has been fixed (H-34, IAR 316B, SA.316B Alouette III, SA.341F Gazelle, SA.342M Gazelle)
- Mi-4AV - Rotor has been re-designed, its geometry, blade twist and aerodynamic characteristics have been changed. Controls have been improved, flight characteristics have been specified, thrust and control inversion chance has been decreased in excessive rotor pitch across the airflow on high speeds .
- Mi-24V/P/D, Mi-35M, AH-1Z — hover mode has been added in the full control mode.
- Ki-84 (all modifications) - The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been recalculated. Propeller performance has been updated. On “Full” controls mode, the reactive torque of the propeller has become more pronounced.
- J2M (all modifications) — Flight model has been updated. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been improved. Controllability with all types of control has been improved. Several inaccuracies in the operation of the engines have been fixed.
- Leo-451 (all modifications) — Bugs, leading to the incorrect operation of the motor cooling system, have been fixed.
- A6M5 (all modifications) — Bugs, leading to incorrect aircraft controllability on certain settings of control types, have been fixed (in general, control in all game modes has been improved).
- SB2c (all modifications) – A bug relating to the operation of the wing control surfaces has been corrected. It is no longer possible to use the flaps and the air brake at the same time.
- Wirraway / Boomerang (all modifications) – Flight model has been fully updated. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been corrected and improved. Wing and fin aerodynamics have been recalculated. The cooling system has been updated (overheating is now less severe).
- A-35b – A bug where the engine wasn’t able to reach working RPM at low speeds has been fixed.
- B-25/PBJ (all modifications) - Flight model has been fully updated. Geometry data updated. Aerodynamic characteristics of wing, fuselage and tail corrected, polars have been tuned. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been recalculated. WEP mode, with 1,850 horsepower, has been added. Thermodynamics relating to flight speeds have been refined.
- А-20 (all modifications) - Flight model has been fully updated. Geometry data updated. Aerodynamic characteristics of wing, fuselage and tail corrected, polars have been tuned. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been recalculated. Thermodynamics relating to flight speeds have been refined.
- Caudron 714 - The resistance of deployed flaps has been decreased. The speed of the propeller spinning as a result of oncoming air flow, and after the engine has stopped, has been adjusted.
- I-16 (all modifications) - The reaction of the rudder at low speeds has been improved. Stability at combat and high speeds has been significantly improved. The resistance of the flaps has been reduced and recalculated according to their size. Improved calculation of the engine and propeller inertial forces has been implemented. Flight time in the upside-down position, and at near to zero overload values, has been increased (fuel system operation has been improved).
- MiG-3 (all modifications) - The performance of the elevator at high speeds has been significantly improved. Speed gain and acceleration when diving have been improved. Stability at combat and high speeds has been significantly improved. Engine operation at high altitudes in the theoretical maximum area has been improved. The resistance of the flaps has been reduced and recalculated according to their size. Improved calculation of the engine and propeller inertial forces has been implemented. Flight time in the upside-down position, and at near to zero overload values, has been increased (fuel system operation has been improved).
- MiG-17, J-4, Shenyang F-5 - Pitch control at transonic speeds has been adjusted (improved).
- MiG-19S, MiG-19PT — aerodynamic wing and fin coefficients, and their dependence from the Mach number, have been specified. Engine parameters in afterburner mode have been specified. Gun-laying radar sight changed with gyro sight, using radar target range.
- F3D-1, P-61 (all modifications) — azimuth-elevation indicator (C-Scope) has been added, it is a second radar indicator. Gun-laying radar sight changed with gyro sight, using radar target range.
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- Seha-Tei Model 1 — The armour penetration of the 57 mm Type 92 armour piercing shell has been increased.
- Pr.1124 MLRS — Reloading for rockets has been added.
- МО-4 — Reloading for rockets has been added.
- IJN Agano — The parameters for the standard semi-armour piercing (SAP) shell have been changed. Deflection of the shell has been reduced. The amount of secondary fragments from the shell has been fixed.
- AB-Tei Pioneer — Tracers for machine guns have been corrected.
- According to the explosives encyclopedia, the equivalent of Shimoza to TNT has been raised.
- The 610mm Type 93 torpedo has been added in two different variations:
- The 610 mm Type 93, model 1, modification 2 (IJN Agano, IJN Yugumo, IJN Furutaka) torpedo has been added.
- The 610 mm Type 93, model 3 (IJN Akizuki, IJN Kiyoshimo) torpedo has been added.
- Flower class, HMNZS Leander — Initial shell speed for the 102 mm/45 BL Mk IX cannon has been increased.
- IJN Agano — A new default HE shell has been added; 152 mm Type 0, nose fuzed.
- Battle (D14) — The speed of HE shells has been fixed for the 4.5"/45 (11.4 cm) QF Mk.IV cannon.
- HMS Dido — The fire rate for the main calibre cannons has been increased.
- Reloading of torpedoes has been fixed. Indication of number and reloading of the torpedoes in the launchers and in the ammunition rack has been added to the action panel.
- Pr. 1204 late, Pr.183, Pr. 206М — Reloading time for the 25 mm 2М-3 cannons has been changed from 15 sec to 8 sec.
- Ellipses of shells falling in salvoes has been fixed for 100-203 mm cannons. According to available historical data, ellipses of scatter have been greatly reduced. Different cannons will use different presets which will give a wider or more elongated ellipse at different ranges. In general the aiming in long range has become more effective.
- IJN Kako, IJN Furutaka - Bow machine guns have been changed from 25mm Type 96 to 13.2mm Type 93.
- PC-451, SC-497, Fairmile B (ml345) - Reloading for onboard depth charge launchers has been added.
- SKR Pr.159, SKR Pr.35 - Reloading of the RBU-2500 bombs after all ammunition has been fired has been fixed.
- The initial speed of a 53-BR-354 AP shell on the Pr. 1204 Late has been fixed.
- Type 4 Model 2 (earlier Karo-Tei Type 2) and Type 4 Model 4 (earlier Karo-Tei Type 4) — The main calibre weapon has been changed from 37 mm Type 94 cannon to 37 mm Type 4 cannon. The initial speed of the shells has been increased.
- Anti-aircraft HE shells with remote detonation have been added for all British 4-6 inch guns with a high elevation angle.
- Type K-3 / Class No. 1 - Armament has been changed: the 40 mm single barrel type 91 gun has been replaced with a twin gun. Added 25 mm type 96 machine gun on the stern.
- Soukou-Tei (1940) - Armament has been fixed. Changed Type 92 machine guns for Type 89.
Naval modifications and crew skills
- All ships which are capable of carrying torpedoes now have the ability to join battles without them. To achieve this, you will need to choose the appropriate presets in the modifications and weapons window before the battle.
- IJN Agano — A problem with over extended pumping of water has been fixed.
- Elco 80 ft PT-565 — Modification of the anti-aircraft artillery drives have been added.
- PG02 — The modification for the 20 mm cannon which changes the fire rate up to 450 shots per minute increases the time to the complete overheating and speeds up the cooling has been added.
- USS Somers — The unnecessary modifications for anti-aircraft artillery drives has been deleted. RP and game currency spent on the research of these modifications has been returned to player accounts.
- S-100 (1944) — The modifications of anti-aircraft artillery drives has been fixed.
- MPK pr.122a — The modifications of anti-aircraft artillery drives has been fixed.
- Pr. 1204 late — The modifications of anti-aircraft artillery drives has been fixed.
- OD-200 — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
- Type 1924 Leopard — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
- MZ1 — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
- PGH-2 — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
- Elco 77 ft PT-59 — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
- Farragut (DD-355) — The modifications of the anti-aircraft drives and the main calibre drives have been refined.
Naval characteristics, physics and damage model
- The resistance to various types of damage for anti-aircraft guns on destroyers and cruisers has been changed.
- Maximum repair time of ships has been changed for uniformity by class..
- Repair time has been accelerated. The penalty for simultaneously started repair processes have been reduced.
- Armour on the main calibre turrets on US destroyers has been fixed according to the brand and modification of their turrets from 3.2 mm to 3.175 mm.
- Pr.191, Pr.191M — The armour on gun mantlets (gun masks) have been improved.
- Seha-Tei Model 1 — The class of the ship has been changed to armoured boat.
- Chikugo — The class of the ship has been changed to multi-purpose boat.
- SGB (S304) — The fuel type of the fuel tanks has been changed from coal to oil.
- Chikugo - Hull strength and survivability of internal modules have been increased.
- USS Brooklyn — The horizontal guidance speed of the main calibre cannons have been changed from 10 to 5 degrees per second.
- IJN Mutsuki — The crew number has been changed from 254 to 148.
- Type T-38 — The maximum speed has been changed from 38 to 27.5 knots.
- Battle (D14) — The armour of the turret with paired Beaufort Mk.5 guns has been fixed.
- MKL pr.186 — The armour of the main calibre turrets has been fixed.
- IJN Mutsuki — The location of the spare torpedoes on the ship has been corrected..
- HMS Leander, HMS Enterprise, HMS Dido — The size of bridge and radio stations has been reduced.
- Kirov — The location of the machine and boiler rooms has been changed.
- Pr. 7U, Pr. 7U "Stroyny" — The thickness of the hull has been changed from 25 to 10 mm.
- IJN Yuudachi — The Amount of crew has been changed to 226.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — The armour for main calibre guns has been specified.
- HMS Tiger — Ship’s armour has been specified, the location of the ammunition areas have been changed.
- Soukou-Tei (1940) — Boat’s armour has been specified.
- HMS Southampton — Ship’s armour has been specified.
Visual models and visual parts
- The animation that depicts the launching of torpedoes from launchers has been corrected for all ships.
- Steam exhaust has been added to all ships with steam boilers.
- IJN Furutaka — The gaps between the hull and main calibre turrets which were visible at long distances has been fixed.
- Flower class (K-218) — The visual effect of rollback (after shot) for the 102mm cannon has been improved.
- IJN Akizuki — The visual appearance of the main turret, when destroyed, has been fixed.
- Type K-7 / Class No.4 — Wrong positioning of the stern machine gunner has been fixed.
- Type 11 — Wrong position of the front right torpedo in the launcher has been fixed.
- Flower class (K-218), SGB (S304), Fairmile C (332) — Visual issues on 2pdr QF Mk.VII and 2pdr QF Mk.IIc in the x-ray mode and armour view mode has been fixed.
- Pr. 1204 — Inconsistency of the guns’ appearance in the hangar and in the x-ray view has been fixed.
- Karo-Tei Type 2 has been changed to Type 4 Model 2 [Type 4 Model 2 Kuchiku-Tei Ka-Ro (1944)].
- Karo-Tei Type 4 has been changed to Type 4 Model 4 [Type 4 Model 4 Kuchiku-Tei Ka-Ro (1944)].
- No.13 Type. 1944 has been changed to Type K-8 (1944) [Type K-8 / No.13 Class, No. 14 Kusentei (1944)].
- CH-8 has been changed to Type K-7 [Type K-7 / No.4 Class, No.4 Kusentei (1945)].
- CH-2 has been changed to Type K-3 [Type K-3 / No.1 Class, No.1 Kusentei (1944)].
- AB-Tei Pioneer has been changed to Soukou-Tei (1927) [Soukou-Tei Model 1927, Sakigake (1927).
- AB-Tei Serial has been changed to Soukou-Tei (1940) [Soukou-Tei Model 1940, Soukou-Tei No.4 (1940)].
- Seha-Tei Model 1 has been changed to Ha-Go [Ha-Go Fighting Boat Model 1 (1944)].
- IJN Fubuki has been changed to IJN Ayanami [Class Fubuki, 2nd group, type Ayanami (1936)].
- Typ-Klasse 143 (Albatros) has been changed to Albatros-Klasse (143) [Schnellboot Albatros-Klasse (143)].
- Klasse 140/141 (Jaguar) has been changed to Jaguar-Klasse (140) [Schnellboot Jaguar-Klasse (140)].
- IJN Kako — The name of the main calibre cannon has been fixed. Calibres have been changed in the description of the 203 and 200 mm shells.
- 76mm/40 Type 88 cannon (Type K-8 (1944)) — has been changed to 76mm/40 Type 3 canon.
- Soukou-Tei (1927) (earlier AB-Tei Pioneer) — The name of the universal belt has been changed to tracer.
- The name of the 12.7 mm OFZ DSHK modification has been changed to 12.7 mm OF.
- Nürnberg — Naming of the S.K.C/30 canon has been changed to 37mm FLAK-Lafette.
- The accuracy of air defense on the AI-controlled ships has been reduced. This change does not affect the accuracy of air defence fire on player controlled ships even if it is controlled by AI gunners.
Economy and research
- A bug where the RP costs for M3 Bradley were reduced in error as the last vehicle in the research tree has been fixed. The correct cost is 462,100 instead of 275,400.
- M8 (LAC) - BR has been changed from 1.3 to 1.0 for all game modes.
- ISU-152 - BR in AB has been changed from 6.0 to 5.3.
- Player icons for the Japanese fleet have been added.
- New decals with identification marks of the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China have been added.
- Restrictions on the usage of decals with Chinese markings have been added. Such restrictions will be applied to all nations in order to avoid counterfeiting identification marks in SB mode.
- Achievements for China's aviation and ground vehicles have been added.
- Bf 109G-2 (Italy) — The aircraft now has standard Hungarian Air Force camouflage. Romanian camouflage is also available. Both camouflages are available for free. Vehicle card and icons have been fixed.
- AMX-30 Super - Tricolor camouflage has been added.
- The visual effect of the flame part of a jet afterburner for aircraft with jet engines has been reworked. For jet aircraft with a jet chamber the flame will appears only when the jet chamber is operational. When operating in non WEP modes and also for jets without the jet chamber, the flame part will not be displayed, only the visual part of the exhaust and hot air jet.
- New orders and medals have been added for USA, Germany, USSR, Great Britain, Japan and Italy.
- The conditions for receiving old orders and medals have been changed.
- New titles for receiving awards (orders and medals) have been added.
- The following medals have been removed:
- USA — Distinguished Flying Cross 2nd Class, Distinguished Flying Cross 3rd Class, Air Medal 2nd Class, Air Medal 3rd Class.
- USSR — Order of Alexander Nevsky, Order of Suvorov Third Class, Order of Kutuzov Third Class.
- The indicators for the ground and aircraft radars have been improved. On the all round view indicator, the target marker will now be displayed as an arc segment (as in reality). The size of the capture markers has been increased. Displaying the radar operating area, search area and target capture area has been added. An indication for tracking failures at radial speed (capture frame flashing) has been added. The indicator of the level of interfering reflections from the ground has been added.
Displaying the radar coverage area has been added to the HUD.
- On-board target tracking radars in fighters now continuously search for targets and lock on to them for tracking until they are turned off.
- A separate indicator for RWR (radar warning receiver) which shows the direction on the radar more accurately and also shows the mode of them has been added. Also when warning radar position detects radar it will create a sound alarm. The previous indication in the form of arrows at the edges of the screen has been removed.
- M113A1 (TOW), Striker, Warrior - Vehicle classification has been changed to “ATGM carrier”.
- Vehicle classification for the P-59A has been changed to “Jet Fighter”.
- The names of the Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire engine series have been changed to the original - Sapphire, in Russian localization.
- A bug with the description of Experimental Camouflage № 5 on the SB2U-2 has been fixed in the Russian localization.
- Location achievements have had changes to the names of locations within their description according to the mission names:
- Snow Canyon > Iron Range
- Norwegian Fjords > Fjords
- Green Valley > Green Ridge
- Nordland > Foothills
- High Islands > Pacific Hidden Base
- Snowed Peaks > Top of the World
- Mountain Park > Grave Robbers' Cliffs
- Various information available for display on MFD’s. Currently the mechanics are represented as MFD displays with switching output information in the cockpits of the Mi-35M, the AH-1Z and the EC-665 Tiger.
- A bug where the boundaries of the capture point did not match the actual visual marking lines in ground battles has been fixed.
- Battery discharge mechanics when the engine is turned off on ground vehicles has been changed. Battery starts to discharge when the engine is shut down or is damaged. Using the turret rotation and cannon elevation mechanism will discharge at an increased rate. The battery will be automatically charged when the engine is running (after it has been started or repaired). When the battery is fully discharged, the turret rotation speed and cannon elevation will be reduced to fixed manual guidance speeds. The mechanics are active in RB and SB.
- New tone mapping system has been introduced. All colour conversions are now completed in HDR.
- Full transition to the more up to date Fmod Studio 1.10 sound engine (all platforms) has been completed.
- Many sound assets in the game have been reworked to meet the new standard for the quality of the game mix.
- Thanks to new tools, the game mix is now more detailed and sound objects are positioned more clearly. The radii for hearing shots from cannons and engine sounds have been increased.
- The logic for the formation of the sound environment has been redesigned and optimized, therefore the clarity of playback and the stability of the game as a whole has been increased.
- Sound resources now require significantly less RAM resources thanks to the improved asset compression algorithms and different resource loading logic.
- All sound events for explosions have been reworked. Layers depending on range have been added. The radii of audibility have been increased.
- A new authentic sound event for the Type 74 tank engine has been added.
- The engine sounds on allied/enemy aircraft have been redesigned. Additional layers for close spans and “distant” layers have been added.
- The dependence on the overload experienced by aircraft on turns has been added for engine sounds from the 3rd person view.
- The sound of the afterburner (if equipped) on the player’s jet has been reworked.
- Some interface sounds on aircraft (missile attack signal, overload signal) have been reworked.
- Ju 87B-2 - The siren sound has been redesigned, sound radius increased, new asset layers have been added.
- New sound of sonic boom from a passing allied/enemy jet.
- The sounds of the player’s guns hitting an enemy aircraft have been reworked.
- The sound events of allied/enemy ground vehicles shots have been reworked.
- All sound events for all shots from ground vehicle cannons of the player from the 3rd person view and gunner view have been reworked.
- Reverberation and early reflections for shots of the player’s cannons and also for allied/enemy vehicles which are in the surroundings of dense buildings or among rocks has been added.
- Sound events of the player’s ground vehicles have been reworked with an emphasis on increasing the dynamics of the engines.
- All sound events for reloading naval and ground vehicles canons have been reworked.
- All sound events for naval shots have been reworked.
- Some interface sounds of ships (a signal of dangerous shallow depth, a fire signal, a torpedo attack signal) have been reworked.
- The launch area on some ATGMs has been limited in azimuth and degree relative to the launcher. This area will be displayed in the helicopter sight.
- The range scale with indication of the maximum range of ATGM using has been added to the helicopter sight.
- Sound events for shots of allied/enemy ships have been reworked. The radiuses of audibility have been increased.
- The sounds of hits on the player’s ships have been reworked.
- Sound events for rotation of naval vessel turrets for main calibres have been added.
- The sounds of boat engines with gas turbine engines (for player’s vehicles and allied/enemy vehicles) have been added.
- The logic of the formation of sound events for ships has been reworked. In a very tight combat interaction the sound mix is more stable and clear.
- EasyAntiCheat system has been implemented into War Thunder (to be enabled soon after the update goes live). On first installation of the update, the user will be prompted to confirm the installation of EAC using administrator rights.
- The ability to correct distance manually in AB naval battles has been added. It can be switched on in the menu > options > naval battle settings > realistic aiming.
- A map rotation filter has been added for AB and RB game modes for aircraft, ground and naval battles.
- Possible locations for battles have been extended for all vehicle ranks. The changes have been made possible by the implementation of the map rotation filter.
- Ground SB:
- 2 respawns are now available for the top heavy tanks (as already operating for light and medium tanks):
- AMX-50 Surbaissé, Maus, E-100, Conqueror, M103, T29, T32, IS-3, IS-4M, IS-6, IS-7, T-10M
- New vehicles have been added to setups.
- 2 respawns are now available for the top heavy tanks (as already operating for light and medium tanks):