9 June 2016
War Thunder Update 1.59 "Flaming Arrows"
1280x1024 | 1980x1020 | 2560x1440
||M551 "Sheridan" USA
||Strv 81 Great Britain
Vehicle Model Updates
|Wyvern S.4 Great Britain
Vehicle Model Updates
Locations & Missions
|Combined Arms Location:
Port of Novorossiysk
British Coast, France &
the English Channel
- New location for combined battles: Port Novorossiysk
- New location for aircraft battles 80 x 80 Miles (128 x 128 km), covering the coast of Britain, France and the English Channel (La Manche).
- New aircraft mission: [Operation] Boulogne-sur-Mer devoted to an attempt to evacuate French troops from the port of Boulogne-sur-Mer at the end of May 1940 during the Battle of France.
- New combined battle missions that feature parts of the locations that were not previously used: Fields of Poland, Sands of Tunisia.
Changes in Locations & Missions
- Spawn distance for fighters and attackers has been changed for all “ground strike” battles:
- BR 1.0-2.0: 8,000 m between spawns (no change, was 8,000)
- BR 2.3-4.0: 12,000 m between spawns (was 10,000)
- BR 4.3-6.0: 16,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
- BR 6.3+: 22,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
- Distance between bombers when spawning in “ground strike” battles changed to 20,000 m (was 18,000).
- Bombing target areas and airfield destruction functionality has been added in “Front Line” in Arcade Battles as heavy bombers require adequate targets.
- In “Ground Strike” mode, where the bombing zones were too close to the main battle area, these zones have been moved away to allow bombers increased security.
- Accuracy of AAA has been decreased in Arcade Mode.
- In “Domination” mode on the old version of the location Mozdok has been returned.
- The distance between spawn points for aircraft of BR 6.3+ has been increased to 19,000 m in 'Domination' mode.
- New “Domination’ missions: Ardennes (2 airfields), Eastern Europe (2 airfields), Finland (1 airfield)
- In the mission “Berlin” [Domination] capture airfields have been rotated by 90 degrees to give easier to approach.
- All “Ground Strike” missions now have same number of bomb zones and their size has been increased by approximately 200m so that they can be easier bombed from a higher altitude.
- All “Operation” missions now have light units appearing at the 10th minute. These units can be destroyed with MG fire which causes your opponent to lose points. The number of units is enough to remove some of the victory score points but not all of them.
- Winter and Summer Stalingrad map (including combined battle map) have “Barricady” and “Krasnyi Oktyabr’” factories added.
- For all missions in the game mode [Operation], new air respawn points have been added. Respawn points for fighters are further from the mission objectives than the airfield. Respawn points for bombers and attackers are closer. Altitude for respawn points:
- Attackers: 1000 m
- Interceptors: 1000 m
- Air defence fighters: 2000 m
- Bombers: 4000 m
- Long-range bombers: 5000 m
- Five locations have been added to the game mode “Enduring confrontation”: Bulge, Korsun, Kursk, winter Stalingrad and Zhengzhou.
- In “Enduring Confrontation” mode, the amount of bombs that are required to destroy airfields and bombing zones have been increased for all battle ranks.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Kuban”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Poland”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Tunisia”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Berlin”.
- New mission for game mode [Conquest] for tank location “Mozdok” has been added.
- Eastern Europe and Normandy for SB mode have been changed. Some zones that either had specific bugs or granted an advantage to one side have been reduced by approximately 100 metres.
The old hangar will be enabled for “old video card support” mode.
New 3D Decorations
Additional armour modules added for the following vehicles:
- Pz.Kpfw.IV F2
- Stuh 42G
- Stug III G
- Jagdpanzer IV
- Panzer IV/70(V)
- Panzer IV/70(A) (Premium)
- Firefly IC Scorpion (Premium)
- 17pdr M10 Achilles
Economy & Development
- The requirement to have previous vehicles in specific aircraft and ground vehicle branches between ranks 1-2 and 2-3 has been removed.
- Temporary change introduced for two months in Research Point requirements for some aircraft.
- KV-1B 756(r) BR has been reduced to 5.0 in all modes
- Centurion Mk III has been reduced to 6.3 in all modes.
- Some aircraft of the 5th rank have been merged in groups:
- MiG-9 and MiG-9 P
- P-80A-5 and F-80C-10
- F-86A-5 and F-86F-25
- Meteor F. Mk.3 and Sea Meteor F. Mk.3.
- “Desert” camouflages for early German tanks has been added.
- “Three-colour”, “Desert three-colour”, “Desert two-colour” and “Winter two-colour” camouflages for all Soviet ground vehicles have been added.
- “El Alamein” and “North African two-colour” camouflages have been added for all british ground vehicles.
Changes in Damage Models
- Ricochet chances at acute or obtuse angles with large differences between calibre/armour thickness have been changed.
- For AP and APHE rounds: where the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by over x2.5 the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 24 degrees or more from the plane of the armour. If the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by x3, then the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 21 degrees or more from the plane of the armour.
- For APHEBC, APBC, APC, APCBC rounds where the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by over x2.5 the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 23 degrees or more from the plane of the armour. If the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by x3, then the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 20 degrees or more from the plane of the armour.
- Side skirts for all vehicles which are based on the chassis of the King Tiger have been added to the damage model.
- Side skirts for the Hetzer have been added to the damage model.
Changes in Ground Vehicles
- The 105 mm T13 (APCBC-HE) projectile has been added for the T29 heavy tank as well as for the T28 and T95 SPGs.
- Additions and fixes in the sound dubbing during tutorial.
Changes in Flight Models
- Separate engine control has been implemented (works only for manual control).
- WEP boost for all jets in Arcade Battles has been reduced from 10% to 5%, except for the Yak-15 and the Yak-17, which still have a 10% boost.
- Airplanes agility have been increased in “Simplified” and “Mouse-Aim” modes.
- Combined usage of the air brakes and flaps has been implemented.
- Automatic flap operation has been reworked: flaps extend to landing position only after release of landing gear, flaps extend to takeoff position for takeoff from the water. Simplified (one key) flaps toggling has been changed.
- Air flow over the tail for multi-engined aircraft has been fixed. When some engines are switched off these aircraft are now more stable, especially on the ground.
- Wheel brakes efficiency has been tuned.
- Piston engine parameters for non fully opened throttle settings have been tuned.
- Fuel tank consumption order has been introduced for some aircraft which have fuel tanks based on distance from center of gravity. The fuel is consumed from furthest tanks first and then from the nearer tanks in order to keep the aircraft as maneuverable as possible and to reduce the risk of fire after being hit by enemy fire.
- А6М2 mod 11 - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled. Inertia moments based on the weight data. Details on data sheet.
- Ki-84 (all modifications) - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled. Inertia moments based on the installed weaponry have been recalculated.
- D.520/521 - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled
- I-185 (all modifications), P-51a (Thunder League) - bug which leads under certain conditions to aircraft uncontrollable rotation in arcade mode, in mouse aim mode, has been fixed.
- LaGG-3-8/11 - Braking force on the wheels has been modified. Control during taxiing has been improved.
- Blenheim Mk.IV - Control during taxiing has been improved.
- Yak-1/9 (all modifications) - Wrong type of flap controlling has been fixed. These modifications have from now two positions, landing flaps has been deleted (as well using of the intermediate positions which was incorrect).
- Bf 109 (all modifications) - Flight models have been reworked. Distance for take-off has been increased. Max speed on roll rate has been decreased, max speed for roll rate is shifted towards higher flight speed. Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- SBD-3 - Flight model has been reworked. Combined airbrake mode has been turned on. By released flaps airbrake control will be blocked and with a released airbrake, flap control will be blocked.
- Fw 190D (all modifications) - Polar aircraft components have been updated (wings, tail, fuselage). The work of the propeller group has been updated, thermodynamics has been implemented. The dynamics of acceleration in horizontal flight has been increased.
- Ta 152 (all modifications) - Thermodynamics of the aircraft has been updated (automatic operation of the radiators has been improved). Behavior while using mouse aim has been improved. The “Combat” position for flaps as a consequence of using hydraulic wing mechanization has been added. Now these aircraft have 4 flap positions: “Off”; “Combat”; “Take-off” and “Landing”. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Me 262c-1a and Me 262c-2b - rocket boosters are now fully controllable, so you can start and stop them many times.
- Me 262a-1a, Me 262a-1a-4, Me 262c-1a - Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Ju 87D-5 - By selecting bombing ordnance, air brakes will be available for use. When selecting outboard cannons or machine guns, the airbrake will not be available.
- Ме 410-А/B (all modifications) - Flight models have been updated. Takeoff distance has been increased. Maximum roll rate speed has been reduced, maximum roll rate is now achieved at a higher airspeed. Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- Ki-61 (all modifications) - Flight models have been updated. Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- F-86 (all modifications) - Thermodynamic engine model has been updated, handling behaviour has been corrected, the possibility of entering a spin has been reduced, and handling in Arcade Battles has been improved. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Yak-15/17- Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Yak-15/17, Arado-234 (all modifications), He-162, Me-262 (all modifications), MiG-9 (all modifications) - Thermodynamics and throttle engine performance has been corrected (dependency of the thrust from speed has been clarified).
- MiG-15/bis, 17 - Pitching moment when releasing air brakes has been added (to ease the conclusion of a dive in higher Mach speed).
- Sea Venom Faw.20, Venom FB-4, Vampire FB-5. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Ki-61-2 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Wyvern - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Halifax Mk. III - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Hs 123a - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Тu-4 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Yak-30 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- N1K1 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- B-18а - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- He 219A-7 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums