[Update 1.70.1945] Weapons of Victory - Update Information
War Thunder wishes to announce major Update
1.70.1945 "Weapons of Victory"!
- USA: AD-2 Skyraider, P-51D-10, P-51, P-47M-1-RE
- USSR: Golovachev’s Yak-9M, IL-28 (Cockpit), Yak-9T and Yak-9K (new models), IL-2 1942 (new model), Il-2-37, IL-2M 1943, Dolgushin’s La-7
- Germany: Ar.234 C3, Hs.129 (cockpit), Bf-109B-1
- Britain: FireFly F.Mk.I, FireFly F.Mk.V, Seafire Mk.XVII, Seafire FR.47, Sea Fury FB.11, Attacker FB.1, Canberra (cockpit), Sea Gladiator Mk1, Hurricane Mk1 /L (new model), Sea Hurricane Mk.Ib, Sea Hurricane Mk.Ic, Plagis’s Spitfire LF. Mk.IX, Prendergast’s Spitfire FR.MK.XIVe
- Japan: J2M2, Ki-21-1a
New ground vehicles:
- USA: M2A2, 75mm M3 GMC, M18 GMC, T95, Т28, М10 GMC, М36, M18 “Black Cat”, M5A1 5th arm.div., Rocket Launcher T34 (Calliope)
- Germany: StuH 42G
- USSR: 4M GAZ-AAA, Su-57, Su-122-54, Т-34-85E, Т-34E STZ, IS-2 Avenger, SU-76М of 5th Guards Cossack Cavalry Corps.
New maps and locations for ground vehicles:
- Berlin: Modes available: Domination, Battle, Capture.
- Normandy: Modes available: Domination, Battle, Breakthrough, Capture.
- Hurtgen forest: Modes available: Domination, Battle, Capture.
Changes to current locations for ground vehicles:
- A rocky ledge on the north-eastern area of the lake has been added.
- Minor balance changes.
- Many changes have taken place on this location. For better gameplay balance, new hills and covers have been added.
- The riverbed has been re-worked.
- Eastern Europe:
- Road to the eastern part of city has been changed.
- White Rock Fortress:
- New hills and cover has been added to increase the complexity of cross fire to the east of the fort, this originally gave an advantage to one of the teams.
- Many changes on this location - increased stone cover away from western respawn point, added new entrances to the centre point, the road through the canyon.
- On the central capture point there is a new sniper position.
- The after-battle trophy award system has been changed. Now, players will get an active trophy, which will award a random reward after being opened:
- Trophies can contain not only silver lions, but also modifications for vehicles, including premium ones (talisman and back-ups). They can also contain discounts on premium vehicles.
- Premium modifications will be awarded for vehicles of the nation that was used during the battle they are awarded after.
- Awarded modifications will be for the vehicles used during the battle they are awarded after.
- Daily awards interface has been changed.
- Format of Information regarding damage to enemy ground vehicles has been changed.
- Player status (online/offline or in the battle) would be shown only for mutual friends. This allows you to hide your presence in the game for your enemies.
Changes to Damage Models:
- Damage calculation system for aircraft has been improved. This will take into account the type of damage more realistically.
- Improved emergency landing mechanics have been added.
- Added the ability to enable vehicle X-Ray during air battles.
- Fixed armour related bugs for the Beaufighter Mk 6c/X/21, and Spitfire MK 5b/c.
- The penetration mechanics of armour piercing and APCR shells have been changed. The penetration of all shells is now calculated through a single method: Almost all of these shells can now penetrate thicker, non-sloped armour than before, while being considerably less effective against sloped armour. Armour piercing projectiles (all types) now show the worst performance regarding the penetration of sloped armour.
- Information about the penetration of shells at different armour angles has been added below the shells tooltip.
- The amount of time that it takes for a fuel tank fire to cause an explosion has been changed. Now, it will take a set amount of time (10 - 15 sec.) before ammunition and fuel tanks may detonate from a fire in other modules. After this time has lapsed, the chance of ammunition or fuel tank explosion is higher than it previously was in 1.47.
- All high-explosive shells, that were not tracer shells in reality, no longer show a tracer effect in the game.
- The muzzle velocity of the 90mm armour-piercing shells for the M36 and M3A1 cannons have been changed to 912m/sec.
- The muzzle velocity of armour-piercing shells for German 75mm cannons with a barrel length of 43, 48 and 46 calibers have been changed. The maximum muzzle velocity is now featured by the PaK 40 (SPG Marder III).
- The visual effects of hits into the ground and on vehicles by projectiles with normal caliber rounds have been reduced.
- Fixed the amount of RS-132 rockets on the Il-2 (1941), Il-2 (1942), and Il-2M (1943).
- Fixed the ammunition selection of offensive and defensive weapons for the TBF-1c and Avenger Mk I.
- Fixed the ammunition selection of offensive weapons for the Ju-87B-2 and Ju-87R-2.
- Fixed the selection of offensive weapons for the F8F-1.
- Fixed jamming for default Hispano Mk.V through overheating.
- Fixed the ammunition selection of the offensive machine gun UBS for the LaGG-3-34.
Changes and fixes of ground vehicles:
- Corrected the thickness of the upper frontal armour of the M4A3E2 with 75mm and 76mm cannons from 25.4mm (1 inch) to 63.5mm (2.5 inch).
- The ammunition load of the Pz.III N has changed from 56 to 64 shells.
- The rotation speed of the Tiger I Ausf. H1’s turret has increased from 7.5 degree/sec to 12 degree/sec, and for the Ausf. E’s turret, 7.5 degree/sec to 14 degree/sec.
- Several characteristics of the T-35 have been updated - the thickness of the armour plates, the tank’s entire mass, and the main turret rotation speed were fixed (according to bug report information from Nikon_D3x).
- The ammunition load has been changed for the SPGs, IS-122, ISU-122S, and all modifications of the T-54.
- The time to change magazines on the M16 SPAA has been increased to 14 seconds.
- A bug on multi-turret vehicles, which allowed the continuous rotation of the turrets after the drive mechanisms had been destroyed, has been fixed.
- The ammunition load of the M41A1 has been changed from 57 to 65 shots.
- The engine power and rpm for the Ferdinant and Pz. Bfw. VI (P) have been fixed. Engine power is 530 hp at 2600rpm. The maximum speed 30km/h.
- The APCR shell ZBM-8 has been added to the ammunition selection for the T-54 1949.
- The APCR shell ZBM-8 and HEAT shell ZBK-5 have been added as selectable types of ammunition for the T-54 1951. The battle ratings of these tanks will be updated in one of the next updates.
- The HEAT shell M431 has been added to the ammunition selection for the M47.
- The armour-piercing shell M82 has been added to the ammunition selection for the M26E1 and T32.
- The fire rate of the 120mm M58 cannon has been increased from 3.6 to 4 shots per minute.
- A bug where the ammunition cartridges of DT machine guns not being full when first spawning in Soviet tanks has been fixed.
Changes and fixes to aircraft:
- A separate research line for British naval fighters has been added.
- All Nimrods have been transferred into the naval fighters research line. The Nimrod Mk.II is, once again, available for all to be researched.
- Added the anti-g-load-suit modification for the F-82E, F8F-1 and F8F-1B.
- Localization of the Il-2M with swept wings has changed to Il-2M type 3.
- Changed the localization for the Canberra B Mk 2 and Canberra B (i) Mk 6.
- Added a specific test flight for British naval aviation.
New skins for aircraft:
- A-20G-25 - “Skonk Works”, aircraft serial number 43-10213, 410th Bombardment Group, 647th Bombardment Squadron, May 1944. Camouflage by Yaroslav “brodyaga_enot" Dzyuin.
- B-17G - “Man O War II", aircraft serial number 42-38083, 322nd Bombardment Squadron, 91st Bombardment Group, Summer 1944. Nose art by Tony Starcer. Camouflage by Andrea Rolandi "Cambridge79".
- P-51D-30 - "Dooleybird", a Mustang IV - KM272, flown by F./Lt. A.S. Dooley, No. 19 Squadron, RAF, 1945. Camouflage by Michael "__StrafeMike__" Ioannides.
- Ki-200 - "Prototype #403, as it looked shortly after being captured by US Forces. Camouflage by John "Sick2day" Hermance.
- Ki-84 ko - Camouflage with insigna of 22nd Sentai, Philippines, Autumn 1944. Hypothetical jungle camouflage. Camouflage by Pierre Blancart "Petranera".
New skins for ground vehicles:
- Camouflages have been added for most USA ground vehicles.
- Decals for aircraft have been added:
- Nosecone art, No. 30 Squadron RAAF, Papua New Guinea 1943
- "Eat-Em-Alive" emblem, No. 30 Squadron RAAF
- No. 77 Squadron RAAF P-40 nose art
- Royal Australian Air Force Roundel, 1942-1946
- "Lynx" emblem of No. 416 Squadron RCAF
- "The Fiery Queen" pin-up, No. 425 (Alouette) Squadron RCAF
- Royal Canadian Air Force Roundel 1946-1965
- "African Mask", Fighter (Pursuit) Group III/6, 5th Squadron insignia. Pierre le Gloan
- "Mosquito" insignia from Portuguese 1st Expeditionary Fighter Squadron, Azores Islands, 1941
- "Penguin" Emblem of 5./St.G 2, 1940
- Emblem of the 150a Squadriglia, 2° Gruppo
- Emblem of the 278a Squadriglia, 132° Gruppo Autonomo A.S.
- Emblem of the 377a Squadriglia Autonoma
- Brazilian Air Force Roundel
- Indonesian Air Force Roundel
- Iranian Air Force Roundel
- Pakistan Air Force Roundel
- Portuguese Air Force Roundel
- Royal Thai Airforce Roundel 1941-1945
- South African Air Force Roundel
- Emblem of No. 193 Squadron RAF
- "Braying Donkey" emblem, No. 37 Squadron RAF, Egypt 1942
- Emblem of No. 609 Squadron RAF
- Emblem of No. 80 Squadron RAF
- Emblem of No. 804 Naval Air Squadron, Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy
- "Shangri-La", Don Gentile's P-51B, 336th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group
- Emblem of the 68th Fighter Interceptor Squadron
- Emblem of 1st Pursuit Group of the AVG (American Volunteer Group)
- Insignia of the Strike Fighter Squadron 11 (VFA-11), "The Red Rippers"
- Personal emblem of Maj. Vyacheslav Sirotin, 17th IAP
- Decals for ground vehicles have been added:
- M18 Hellcat, "Black Cat" emblem
- "Месть за брата героя" (Revenge for the Hero brother) text
- "Major Jim" text, 1st Armored Division
- "Blondie" text
- Emblem of the ‘66th Armoured Regiment’
- Emblem of the ‘33rd Armored Regiment’
- "Lidice" text
- Emblem of the ‘División Mecanizada Brunete n.° 1’
- Emblem of the ‘1er régiment de chasseurs à cheval’
- Emblem of the ‘Egyptian 4th Tank Division’
- ‘Kangaroo’ emblem, used by Australian troops on captured vehicles
- Emblem of the ‘3e régiment de chasseurs d'Afrique’
- "Chwat" text
- Emblem "Devils Head", from 31st Panzer Regiment, 5th Panzer Division
- Emblem of the ‘10th Panzer Division’
- Emblem of the ‘21st Panzer Division’
- Emblem of the ‘507th Heavy Panzer Battalion’
- "864" Tank Number
- "5100" Tank Number
- "Tadeusz" Text
- Emblem of the Canadian 5th Armoured Division
- Text "k230"
- 5 Guards Cavalry Corps, Su-76M markings
Changes to flight models:
- F6F3 - Functionality of propulsion system (engine-propeller-system) has been changed (improved acceleration capabilities on takeoff), improved geometrical parameters of the wings, improved compression of control surfaces at high speeds, improved stability during vertical dive.
- B5N2 - Improved handling at high speeds, stability during bombing and torpedoing, and improved automatic engine control.
- TBF-1C - Functionality of propulsion system (engine-propeller-system) has been changed. Refined the geometry of control surfaces (handling has been improved). Improved stability in maneuvers on high speeds (tendency of pitching the nose upwards reduced).
- La-5F/FN - Improved automatic engine control. Reduced the impact of compression on control surfaces, “jamming” of elevators was minimized while maneuvering at low speeds and in “Mouse Aim” mode. The overall maneuverability and controllability on this control type has been improved.
- I-15 (all) - Flight model updated (new settings for these planes have been added).
- Gladiator Mk.II (all) - Flight model is updated (new settings for these planes were added). Propulsion system (engine-propeller-system) has been reworked. Wing box was recalculated. Improved performance during takeoff and landing.
- Fairey Swordfish Mk I - Flight model updated (new settings were added). Propulsion system (engine-propeller-system) has been reworked. Wing box was recalculated. Stability during torpedoing has been improved.
- Ki-43-3 otsu - Temperature control of the engine has been fixed. Overheat temperature is equal to 230 degrees celsius.
- F4U-1 (all) - Bug in the engine functionality has beem fixed. Acceleration capability during takeoff has been improved. Stability during a vertical dive and in maneuvers at low speeds have been improved.
- PBY-5/5a, H6K4 - A bug has been fixed, which led to uncontrollable rotation with ever-growing angular velocity after bombs were dropped, ultimately resulting in the destruction of the aircraft.
- He-111 (all) - A bug has been fixed, where engines could be damaged by turning them off and back on again.
- Ki-84 (all) - A bug has been fixed, which led to shortfalls of the maximum engine power at sea level.
- A-26 - A bug has been fixed, which led to the inability to use emergency power.
- Hs-129 - A bug has been fixed, which made it impossible to start the engine in the air at speeds lower than 170 km/h.
- Ju-87 D-5 - A bug has been fixed, which led to the engine turning off randomly in Arcade Battles.
- Typhoons ‘Mk 1a’ and ‘Mk 1b’ - flight model has been updated. Both aircraft are now tuned in accordance with having Napier Sabre II engines (maximum manifold pressure +7 psi up to 2065hp).
- Typhoon Mk 1b\late flight model has been updated. Aircraft now tuned in accordance with having the Napier sabre IIa engine (maximum manifold pressure is +9 psi up to 2235hp).
- Hurricane MK.I - Flight model has been updated, geometrically refined, improved balance and aerodynamic characteristics. Improved logic of propeller rpm controller in the automatic engine control mode. Refined polars of individual sections of the wings and tail. More precise adjustment of the engine and better overheating calculations. Changed the restrictions on the use of flaps and landing gear, flaps now have several provisions.
- Sea Hurricane MK.I C - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Sea Hurricane MK.I B - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Mustang MK.IA - Flight model has been updated, geometrically refined, improved balance and aerodynamic characteristics. Improved logic of propeller rpm controller in the automatic engine control mode. Refined polars of individual sections of the wings and tail. More precise adjustment of the engine and better overheating calculations. Changed the restrictions on the use of flaps and landing gear, flaps now have several provisions.
- Yak (all) - Fixed engine overheating at low rpm whilst idle on the ground (can remain idling without any restrictions).
- Spitfire (all) -Flight model has been updated, geometrically refined, improved balance and aerodynamic characteristics. Adjusted temperature characteristics. Improved logic of propeller rpm controller in the automatic engine control mode.
- F8F-1/1B - Changed the operating mode of the engine. 100% engine control handle position is equal to “Military” mode (53.5 Hg on the first gear of supercharger, duration of use - 5 minutes). Refined geometric, balance and aerodynamic characteristics.
- P-47M - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Yak-9M - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Ki-21-1Ko - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- J2M2 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- IL-2M-37 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- IL-2M-1943 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- AD-2 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Fairey Firefly Mk.1 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Fairey Firefly FR. Mk.V - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Bf-109-B - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Seafire mk XVIII - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- Seafire Mk 47 - flight model updated according to the data sheet.
- M1919A4 tank machine gun sounds have been updated.
- Degtyaryov (DT) tank machine guns have been updated.
- Opening and closing the cockpit while flying results in a more noticeable sound difference.
- In Arcade tank battles, air events are now available for 60 instead of 40 seconds and can be started once every 45 seconds.
- From today's major update, the War Thunder store will now open in the same local language as the game is in itself.