War Thunder "Raining Fire" - Changelog
Introducing War Thunder: Raining Fire, a brand new major update that introduces almost 30 new machines, including Jaguar jet fighters, the long awaited P-47 Thunderbolt "Razorback", two new versions of the T-72B MBT and many more new aircraft, ground vehicles and vessels!
Additionally, we are pleased to bring you new maps and missions, as well as many gameplay improvements and a long list of game fixes!
7 new vehicles
- TAM 2C
- Т-72B 1989
- Chi-Ha Long Gun
- CM 25
- Char SOMUA SM (pack)
- Strv 104
14 new aircraft
- P-47 D-22
- YP-38 (pack). The aircraft will be available as a part of the “Pacific Campaign USA” pack in the store. The XP-38G will no longer be available for purchase and will remain only for its current owners.
- P-51C-10 (and a new Tuskegee pilot)
- Su-6 single seat (premium)
- Su-7 BKL
- Jaguar GR.1
- Thunderbolt Mk.1 (premium)
- B-6N2 (cockpit)
- Q-5 Early
- Bf 110G-4 (premium)
- Jaguar A
- P-40F-5 Lafayette (premium)
8 new vessels
- USS Northampton (CA-26)
- SKR Pr.50 “Yenot”
- HMS Peacock
- Akebono (premium)
- MAS 561
- Comandanti Medaglie d'Oro
New locations and missions
- Naval missions for the location “Aleutian Islands”.
- New aircraft location “winter Mozdok” has been added.
- New historical aircraft missions:
- Mozdok. Winter 1943
- Moscow. 42nd kilometer
- Moscow. Naro-Fominsk
- Moscow. Serpukhov
Location and mission updates
- Some fixes have been made to the “Moscow” aircraft location - missing rivers on the southern part of the map have been added.
- The map of the aircraft location for “Moscow” has been redesigned for better readability. Now it has less settlement names but they should read normally.
Changes in the historical aircraft missions:
- Ladoga - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Khalkhin Gol - Changes from the general list.
- Korsun - Changes from the general list.
- Krymsk - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Kursk - Changes from the general list.
- Mozdok - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
- Normandy - Mission has been reworked. Also changes have been made from the general list.
List of general changes:
- Base models for bombing have been changed to the correct ones, their functionality is now similar to “Enduring Confrontation” mode. After destruction, bases may respawn randomly in certain positions, designed for every mission.
- Airfields have been removed from the target list, they can not be destroyed now.
- Airfield models and their location towards the centre of locations have been standardised. In low-tier battles they are located 12 kilometres from the location's centre; mid-tier - 20 kilometres; high-tier - 26 kilometres. Previously, all tiers had airfields located 20 km away from the location’s centre.
- The size of an airfield now depends on the battle’s rank.
- Mid-tier missions now have stage airfields, located 12 km away from the location’s centre.
- In the Enduring Confrontation mode in the “English Channel” location, a 4th sea port has been added for each side. The total number of sea ports in the mission is now 8.
- Aircraft that are in the air will no longer be counted in capturing the sea ports.
- New Naval Enduring Confrontation in the “Denmark” location has been added. 4 seaports for each side which is 8 in total and the size of the battlefield is 86x86 km.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Anti-aircraft machine guns have been added for the following German vehicles:
- Pz.III M
- Pz.III N
- Pz.IV H
- Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J
- Panther A
- Panther G
- Tiger II (P)
- Tiger II (H)
- Tiger II (10.5cm Kw.K)
- Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J, Brummbär - “Ostketten” chassis modification has been added.
- “Winterketten” chassis modification has been added for the following vehicles:
- Pz.III E
- Pz.III F
- Pz.III J
- Pz.III J1
- Pz.III L
- Pz.III M - with removed protection screens on the hull.
- Pz.III N - with removed protection screens on the hull.
- LWS functionality (laser detection warning) has been added. The modification “laser rangefinder” has been combined with the specified functionality in the new LWS/LR modification for the following vehicles:
- Ariete PSO
- Type 89
- Centauro ROMOR
- Centauro MGS
- Merkava Mk.2b late
- TAM 2C
- CV 90120
- Type 16
- Type 74G
- Type 87
- Type 90
- Type 90(B)
- Resistance values of damage from HEAT and AP shells have been updated and clarified for the following vehicles:
- T92 — Clarifications in the location of ammunition modules have been made.The amount of ammunition has been changed from 60 to 59. Source: R.P. Hunnicutt, (2015) Sheridan: A History of the American Light Tank, Volume 2.
- Begleitpanzer 57 - The reload mechanics have been reworked similar to Strf 9040C. Crew number has been reduced from five to three members. Source: Thyssen-Henschel and Bofors brochure
- ZBD86 - The model version has been specified. The BMP-1P Modification has been changed on the ATGM featuring the HJ-73E modification. The default ATGM has been changed to the HJ-73.
- VK4501 P, Pz.Bef.Wg.VI P - The gun mantlet and turret armour has been switched to volumetric armour.
- M60A1, M60A1 RISE, M60A3 TTS (US), M60A3 TTS (China) M60A1 (Italy) M60 AMBT- Gun mantlet armour has been switched to volumetric armour.
- IS-2 (1944), IS-2 (1944) China - Gun mantlet armour , upper frontal and lower frontal armour parts have been switched to volumetric armour.
- OTOMATIC - “Hull destruction” functionality has been added for the turret.
- The speed limit on the operation of the vertical stabilizer has been changed from 15 to 24 km/h for the following vehicles:
- M4A4 (China)
- M4A4 (1st PTG)
- M4A1 (76) W
- M4A2 (76) W
- M4A3 (76) W
- M4A3E2 (76) W
- Cobra King
- M4A2 (USSR)
- Sherman II
- M4A3 (76) W (Japan)
- M4A1 (France)
- M4A4 (France)
- M4A3E2 (France)
- M4 Hybrid (Italy)
- M4A4 (Italy)
- M4 748 (a) (Germany)
- M24 (TL)
- M24 (Japan)
- Source: AD 65653 Tank Fire Control Systems Study, Philip I. Brown, Frankford Arsenal, 1955 // Ohio State Engineer, vol. 28, no. 4, March 1945 // KG-9-3, PROJECT REPORT, Gyrostabilizer, 90mm Gun, in Tanks, Sep 24 1945
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Some U.S. Naval aircraft have been equipped with the Mk 13 Mod 0 sea mines:
Flight model changes
- FW 190 (all modifications) — automatic tailplane positioning for landing mode has been enabled to facilitate three-point position. Flap angles have been specified, as well as their polarity in all positions. Combat flaps effectiveness has been increased. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. Aircraft controls in all control modes have been improved. WEP time has been limited to reference values.
- F-104 (all modifications) — combat flaps mode has been removed in accordance with the operation manual.
- VB.10C-1, VB.10-02 — flight model and engine model have been specified, engine power on 100% (take-off mode) has been increased. Supercharger has been converted to 1-speed with intake guide vanes (100% power and WEP mode are now constant to the altitude of about 6000 meters). Landing characteristics have been improved.
- A-4B — bug has been fixed with low roll rate. Roll rate is set to 270 degrees per second, according to the operation manual.
- He100D / J1N1 / G4M1 / He112 (all modifications) / BF110 (all modifications) — flight model has been updated. Distribution of fuel between the tanks has been corrected. Wings, fuselage, tail and propeller blade polars have been recalculated and updated. Aircraft behavior has been corrected during extending the landing gear and flaps.
- F4U-1 (all modifications) — a bug has been fixed which periodically resulted in a sharp change in engine speed at overestimated values.
- Ta 152H1 - Trimmable stabilizer automatically switches to landing position when the flaps are extended to facilitate three-point position. Flap angles have been specified, as well as their polarity in all positions. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. All thrusts to control surfaces have been replaced with tubular control, which makes control more precise in any flight mode. The operation of the propeller group at high altitudes has been significantly improved (operating modes of the GM-1 system). Heating of the engine at low flight speeds has been reduced due to the natural action of cooling the system with the oncoming air stream.
- I-225 - pitch controls at high speeds have been significantly improved. Extending landing gear changes the balance of the aircraft slightly making the tail lighter. Landing roll without brakes has been increased significantly, brake effectiveness has been increased, which may cause nose-over when landing on the main gear with brakes enabled. Upside-down flight time has been reduced.
- A laser detection system has been added for the following helicopters:
- EC-665 Tiger HAP
- EC-665 Tiger HAD
- EC-665 Tiger UHT
- AH Mk.1
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- The new “sea mines” weaponry type have been added to naval battles - in the first stage the, following vessels will receive them:
- Pr.1204 Late
- R-boot R-130
- R-boot R-301
- S-100 (1944)
- S-100 (1945)
- S-100 Lang
- Fairmile A (ML100)
- Fairmile B (ML345)
- SGB (S304)
- SGB (S309)
- IJN Mutsuki
- IJN Kuma
- Attilio Regolo
- To use them it will be necessary to research and install the “mines” modification and choose them in the “Additional weaponry” in the modification window.
- AI-gunners for the non-utility non-automatic artillery, as well as artillery without AA rounds, cannot now shoot aerial targets.
- 283-mm Spgr. L/4.4 Kz HE shell (Admiral Graf Spee) now has the correct explosive damage.
- Albatros-Klasse (143) - 76mm OTO-Melara Compact gun ammo has been brought into compliance with the Italian version.
- IJN Ayanami - spare torpedoes have been added.
- 203-mm Contro-aerea shells (Trento) - weight, filling, and initial speed have been corrected.
- Designation of the italian torpedoes have been corrected:
- 450-mm Si 200 changed to W.200/450X5,75
- 450-mm SI 170 changed to S.I.170/450X5,25
- USS Cleveland - aiming speeds of the main calibre turrets have been corrected.
- Admiral Hipper - max turn angles of the torpedo launchers have been fixed.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli - 20-mm/70 Oerlikon Mk.II guns have been changed to Oerlikon 3S
- The “Torpedo mode” modification has been added for the following Italian ships:
- MAS 555
- MAS 569
- Folgore P-490
- VAS 201
- Vosper 70' GIS 811
- MS-15 - S.I.270 torpedo has been changed to S.I. 270/533X6.84 Tipo L
- Stefano Turr - AP round on the 6.5mm MG belt has been changed to the utility round.
- MAS 569 - tracer round has been added to the 6.5mm MG belt.
- 203-mm Mk.25 HC shell (USS Portland (CA-33)) - fuze type has been changed from tail to superquick point detonating.
- 76-mm/62 OTO-Melara Compact auto cannon- number of shots before overheating has been increased to ~60-65.
- 100-mm/56 B-34 gun: HE shell has been added.
- 114-mm 8cwt QF Mk I gun Dark class (FPB 1101)) - HE shell has been changed to HE shell with tail fuse.
- 47-mm Hotchkiss gun (Fairmile A (ML100), Fairmile B (ML345)) - explosives type and weight has been changed to 120 g of the lyddite.
- Type 1934А (1940) - aiming limits of the 2nd and the 3rd main calibre turrets have been fixed.
- S-100 (1944), S-100 (1945), S-100 (S204) — torpedo reloads added.
- IJN Kiyoshimo — Guidance of the anti-aircraft cannon located on the main calibre turret on the stern has been fixed.
- Hunt (L79) — traverse aiming angles on the second turret of the main calibre have been improved. Removed unnecessary lifting of the barrels upwards when passing from one traverse to another through the bow.
- MAS 555, MAS 569 — 20mm Breda cannon aiming angles have been increased.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — two 13.2mm Hotchkiss machine-guns have been added to the superstructure.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni, Raimondo Montecuccoli — 4 spare torpedoes have been added.
- Stefano Turr — Elevation angles on the 13.2mm Breda mod.31 have been changed from -11°/+85° to -10°/+80°.
- MS 472, MS 473 — Elevation angles on the 40mm cannons have been changed from -10°/+60° to -6°/+90°.
Naval modifications and crew skills:
- A bug in determining greater distance by the Improved Rangefinder modification has been fixed.
- Stefano Turr - ‘Auxiliary Armament Targeting’ modification has been removed, RP and SL have been refunded.
Naval characteristics, physics and damage model:
- The rudder deflection speed and maximum deflection angle have been changed:
- Light motor boat controls have become much more dynamic.
- Escort ships with a displacement of about 800 tons will enter turns faster.
- Little or no change for destroyers and light cruisers.
- Rudder moving time from one side to another on heavy cruisers has become about 20% faster.
- Fire mechanics changes - damage, fire time, and ignition points have been revisited. Every fire how has two stages:
- Initial stage - with low effect. Fire draws, dealing low damage to the crew. Mechanisms and modules take no damage.
- Main stage - main effect, depending on fire scale, Fire draws further, damaging a module where it sets, as well as modules around it.
- Initial stage is short, but sufficient to bring fire down, making damage from ignition minimal. Any compartment or module can be burned out - in this case there's a high chance that the fire will cease and won’t spread. The destruction of the artillery unit or turret has a high chance to be followed by fire. This fire can also spread to other modules around.
- Ammo stowage durability of destroyers and cruisers has been increased for separate loading main calibre guns. Thickness of the loaded projectiles’ cases has been increased according to the calibre. Explosion, fire, and shrapnel resistance have been increased.
- USS Atlanta (CL-51) - damage model of the stern ammo stowage has been fixed, Previously, it was too large in size.
- IJN Tone - thicknesses and forms of armoring of barbets, cutouts in the armored deck, protection of supply pipes, bow and stern traverses have been fixed.
- Köln F220 - Additional armour for the 40mm launchers has been added.
- The amount of the crew members has been fixed for the following Italian vessels:
- Vosper GIS811 13 → 16
- MS472 19 → 20
- MS473 19 → 20
- MV611 19 → 22
- Corazziere 219 → 215
- Geniere 219 → 215
- Bartolomeo Colleoni 507 → 521
- All Italian boats - The size of the ammunition magazines has been reduced.
- HMS London, HMS Kent - The armour layout and armour thickness of the ammunition storages have been fixed.
- Type 1936А (Mob) — The filling of ammunition in the aft magazine has been fixed.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — The intersections of the armour deck and ammunition magazines have been fixed.
- USS Pensacola (CA-24) — The thickness and type of the armour belts have been fixed.
- 94 ft PT-811 — Maximum speed has been changed from 55 to 47.7 knots.
- 89 ft PT-810 — Maximum speed has been changed from 41 to 44.3 knots.
- AF D1, AF D3, HMS Kent (54) — The ship's heel in turning has been reduced.
- USS Portland (CA-33) — The ship has been restored to its original state with non-armoured hull walls. The information has been taken from a damage report of the ship from 1945.
- PGH-2, PG 02, Sparviero — Radius and speed loss in turning have been reduced.
- HMS Tiger — Ship’s fuel tanks have been completely redesigned. Additional information has been taken from the Original Plan - HMS Tiger (as fitted), 1959. General arrangement and Cross Sections.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni — The armour of the barbettes on the main calibre turrets have been removed according to the historical data.
- MBK-161 (1943), MBK-161 (1944) — the armour thickness of the ‘tank’ turrets have been brought into compliance with the T-34 (1942) tank turret.
- Ikazuchi, Asheville (PGM-84) — Search radars on the main calibre turrets have been changed to tracking radars.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli — Search radar has been added.
- MS 472, MS 473 — Search radars have been removed. The historical prototype only had navigation radar.
Naval Visual models and visual parts:
- HMS Tiger - The size of the airburst of the HE-VT shells have been fixed.
- MV-611 — The flag has been changed to the postwar version.
- Raimondo Montecuccoli — The vessel draught in the hangar has been fixed.
- Bennion (DD-662) — Cloth masks have been added to the third main calibre cannon.
- МО-4 — The position of the gunner on the aft gun has been changed in order to avoid unnecessary intersections with objects on deck.
- Type 4 Model 2, Ha-Go — The intersections of the depth charges with each other has been fixed.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni — The disappearance of the gun mantlet on the main calibre cannon’s level of detail has been fixed.
- IJN Kako, IJN Furutaka — Visual models of the boxes with depth charges at the stern have been added.
- Dardo — Main calibre cannons (mod 1937) have been replaced by the 1926 modification.
- HMS Southampton — ship’s draft issue in the hangar has been resolved.
- Fairmile B (ML345) — 7.7 machine gun model has been changed from Vickers to Lewis.
- 3.7 cm Flak C/36 — The ‘shooting’ effect has been corrected relative to the barrel tip.
- S-38b, S-100 (1944), S-100 Lang, S-100 (1945) — Reverse propeller rotation has been corrected.
- Chidori — Through holes in the model LOD (level of detail) have been reworked.
- Elco 80 ft PT-565 — A bug with mismatch of the missiles with the destroyed launchers has been fixed.
- Clemson (L45), Class G (H89), Hunt (L71), Hunt (L79) — Depth bomb storage showing bombs have been hidden in modifications where they are not equipped.
- Akebono, Ikazuchi, Chikugo, LCS(L)(3) — The X-Ray model for the 40mm installations have been fitted more precisely to the visual model.
- Freccia P-493 — The X-Ray model of the internal modules have been fitted more precisely to the damage model.
- VS-8 Schell I — The X-Ray model of the main calibre turrets has been added.
- Pr.191M — The traverse axis of the 14.5mm guns in the X-Ray view has been corrected.
- IJN Mogami — The position of the barrels on the main calibre cannons in X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Vosper 1st series, Vosper 2nd series — The display of torpedoes in the X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Type 1936 — A bug with lack of rotation on the torpedo launchers in X-Ray view has been corrected.
- Albatros-Klasse (143) — The X-Ray model on the ammunition magazines has been adapted more precisely to the damage model.
- MBK pr. 186 — A bug where the rear armour on the main calibre turret remained stationary when the turret rotated has been fixed.
- VS-8 Schell I — The size of the drain pumps has been corrected.
- MBK-161 (1944) — A bug where the armoured shield on the 45mm cannons remained stationary on rotation has been fixed.
- Krasny Kavkaz — The size of the elevators for the main calibre cannons and first order ammo racks has been corrected.
- Prinz Eugen — The position of the armoured deck has been corrected in the visual model.
Economy and research
- Changes implemented in the US fighter aircraft research tree.
- The minimum number of Italian vehicles required to open the 5th rank has been increased.
- The Pz.III L and Pz.III M in the German research tree have been combined into one group.
- P-47D-25 / D28 BR in AB has been changed from 3.7 to 4.0
- Decorations have been redistributed into new groups.
- Late single-colour and late desert camouflage for the Soviet top tanks have been added for purchase and research.
- The insignia and decals have been moved to the standard camouflage layer. Previously issued decals also remain available:
- M46 "Tiger"
- M18 "Black Cat"
- Cobra King
- M3A1 (USMC)
- M2A4 (1st Arm.Div.)
- M5A1 (5th arm.div.)
- Pz.Kpfw. Churchill
- Pz.II C (DAK)
- T-V (USSR)
- SU-76M (5th Gv.Kav.Corps)
- М3 Medium (USSR)
- T-26 (1st Gv.T.Br.)
- Iron Duke IV
- Sherman IC "Trzyniec"
- A13 Mk.I (3rd RTR)
- A13 Mk.II 1939
- IS-2 №402
- Т-34-85 №215
- The insignia and decals have been moved to the additional free camouflage "Testing Ground 113". The decals issued previously also remain available. Default camouflage has been changed:
- Grant I
- Additional camouflage obtaining terms in regard to the target type have been removed for the following camouflages:
- A6M2 / "V-103" camouflage
- Bf 109 E-3 / Stab III./JG53 camouflage
- Bf 109 G-6 / Stab.III/JG.52 camouflage
- La-5 / Single-color camouflage
- P-40E-1 / "White 106"
- P-47D-28 / 61FS/56FG camouflage
- Yak-1B / Lydia Litviak camouflage
- Hurricane Mk.I/L / FAA camouflage
- Tasks values for obtaining camouflages on all vehicles have been recalculated.
- Increase of the values is now smoother (will be noticeable especially in top ranked vehicles).
- The order of receiving camouflages is now shifted to a single scheme (desert - winter - forest). The changes will not affect any already achieved camouflages. If the new values are enough for obtaining the camouflage - you will get both immediately.
- USA - Winter camouflage will be given out before the “bi-color” one.
- Germany - Winter camouflage will be given out before “Lines” and “Spots”.
- USSR - Forest and desert camouflages will be switched in places.
- A new entity “collection” has been added to the game - it is a set of items for assembling of which players receives reward. The reward will be given out only if there are items (decals and decorations) on the player’s account.
- The “Collection” menu has been added to the shop menu.
- Starter decal and decoration collections have been added. In future the number of collections will be increased.
- Links to the market have been added for event decals and decorations.
- The collection trophy for consoles has been added.
- Possibility of selecting the aircraft weaponry presets to a “favorite” block has been added.
- The camera in the fleet hangar has been improved: its movement is now smoother, and the camera itself is placed at the same distance from the vessel.
- Protection analysis for aircraft has been added.
- Shells in the damage model now have volumetric dimensions/sizes corresponding to the real size of the shell.
- In vehicles equipped with a detection warning system, a laser radiation detection system has been added which are now able to see the sector where a signal comes from. The system now additionally detects laser rangefinders, laser missile guiding systems, etc.
- A mounted weapons selector feature has been introduced. The selector allows the binding of different types of armament to battle keys and the use of them simultaneously in different combinations. The new feature permits usage of mounted weapons in the original way alongside the new selector options.
- In combined ground battles in SB game mode, new mechanics have been introduced where, after respawn, allies will be marked for the player on the mini-map for 7 seconds. This has been done to understand better the positions of the players and for better interaction between players.
- The distance for the identification of naval vessels in battles has been increased (switching of the name of the ship on an enemy marker).
- In ground battles without markers the ability to mark selected air targets for easier tracking has been added.
- The visual effect of an engine fire on destroyers and cruisers has been completely redesigned. New logic has been added to places where smoke and fire effects occur.
- The sounds of cannons and machine guns of land and sea vehicles have been corrected towards greater clarity. The low-frequency component of the shot has also been emphasized.
- New sound events for the M61 rotary gun (SPAAG M163) have been created.
- Principle of reverb response for all sounds has been changed in order to make the sound more natural. Previously, algorithmic reverberation was used (real-time calculation of the reflection of sound from a certain virtual volume, the parameters of which are set by a mathematical function), now convolution reverberation is used (that is, the application of the convolution operation to the original sound in the game, and the reference sound recorded in real conditions). For sounds inside the cockpit of an aircraft or a tank, real reflections (impulse response of a real volume, like street, room, cockpit, etc.) are used, recorded in the interiors of actual military vehicles. For the sounds of the environment, real reflections were used, recorded in the field, and in areas with medium and dense buildings. Also, when approaching the ground on an aircraft with a third person view, you can feel the reflections of sounds from the land surface.
- Sounds of flying bullets and shells have been changed. Now they click or clap as they fly past the listener.
- A bug has been fixed due to which the shell/bullet flypast sound was played when hitting the player's vehicle. Now the sound of flight only sounds when it passes by.
- Now, when a tank turret is ripped off, it falls to the ground with a characteristic sound.
- Corrections in the balance for ground SB mode:
- Setup 2_5 - T 34 747 (r) has been removed.
- Setup 8_2_5 - IS-7 has been returned.
- Setups 8_2_5, 9_5 - Respawn cost on the heavy tanks has been increased to a 450 Respawn Points.
The War Thunder Team
Discuss on the Forums