WAR THUNDER PRESENTS Update 1.87 “Lock on!”
The pioneers of Rank VII Ground Forces, New and advanced Supersonic jets, French Helicopters, New Cruisers and sophisticated Radar technology! All this and more awaits in 1.87!
- Kirov, 1941
- Project 30 Ognevoy
- Leopard 2A5
- C1 Ariete (Pre-serie)
- Mi-24P (pilot cabin has been added)
- Mi-24V/P/D (pilot cabin has been added)
New locations and missions
Location and mission updates
- Test flights has been refined. Additional air and ground targets have been added. The flight courses of the allied vehicles have been adjusted.
- Test flight locations for Italian and French jets have been reworked.
- Poland - Balancing changes in the south-western part of the map, which makes it impossible to fire upon some respawn points, have been implemented.
- The textures in sand have been adjusted to get rid of repetitive landscape patterns.
- Vietnam - Work on performance optimisation has been done. All reservoirs in the tank part of the location can now be crossed with vehicles.
- On the “American Desert” location, building destructibility has been added. Traffic lights and fences have also been fixed.
- New enduring confrontation map “Vietnam” has been added for aircraft and helicopters.
- Changes in base bombing logic - several can be active at once. Tasks are not given since base icons are shown on the map. Bases are now protected by high-calibre AA guns. AA guns have been added to all enduring confrontation missions.
- Regarding helicopters in enduring confrontation, landing site detection has been switched off, and helicopter landing sites cannot be destroyed.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- ZSU-23-4 — Radar station for sector search and target tracking has been added. A shell casing ejection animation has been added.
- Gepard — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added. A shell casing ejection animation has been added.
- М247 — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added.
- OTOMATIC — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added.
- M163 — Radio rangefinder and ballistic calculator have been added. A shell casing ejection animation has been added.
- Type87 — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added.
- Chieftain Marksman — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added.
- AMX-30 DCA — Radar station for circular viewing and target tracking has been added.
- B1 Centauro and B1 Centauro Romor — The hull destruction mechanics have been fixed and enabled. The vehicle will not be destroyed by critical damage related to breech, the transmission, engine or wheelbase.
- SIDAM 25 - A laser rangefinder, as well as optical tracking device simulation, have been added.
- T-64B, T-80B - stock ammo has been changed from 3BM15 to 3BM22. 3BM42 ammo has been added.
- T-64A, T-64B - turret and upper front plate armour is now a single armour part with volumetric armour technology. The effective armour thickness is calculated as a distance between impact point and exit point. In armour view, there is a special tip for such parts - “armour dimensions at point” parameter is displayed.
- Hull destruction mechanics improved. Allowed damage from HE and HEAT shells increased. The vehicle will not be destroyed by critical damage related to breech, the transmission or engine for the following vehicles:
- Begleitpanzer 57
- FlakPz I Gepard
- Ru 251
- M113A1 (TOW)
- Type 87
- Type 89
- Chieftain Marksman
- Object 120
- Object 906
- 2K22 Tunguska
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- The degree of damage required to tear off and aircraft’s tail and wings has been corrected for all aircraft.
- Brake parachute application mechanic has been added for the following vehicles: G.91 pre-serie; G.91 R/1; G.91 R/4; G.91 YS; MiG-19 PT; MiG-19 S; Mitsubishi T-2; Super Mystere B2; S.O.4050 Vautour IIB; S.O.4050 Vautour IIA; Vautour IIA IDF/AF.
- La-200 — Target detection “Toriy-A” radar station has been added.
- MiG-19PT — Target detection and tracking radar station has been added.
- F3D — Target detection and tracking radar station has been added.
- Sea Venom FAW 20 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- P-61C-1 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- P-61A-1 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9 — Target detection and tracking radar station has been added.
- Do 217 J-2 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- Do 217 N-1 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- Do 217 N-2 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- Me 410 B-6/R3 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- He 219 A-7 — Target detection radar station has been added.
- F9F-8 — AIM-9B missiles added.
- FJ-4B — AIM-9B missiles added.
- FJ-4B VMF-232 — AIM-9B missiles added.
- F-86F-40 (Japan) — AIM-9B missiles have been added.
- F-100D — AIM-9E missiles have been added.
- MiG-19PT — Р-13M missiles have been added.
- Ju 88 A-4 — separate 250 kg bomb drop added.
- Mi-24D — Flares and IRCM added.
- Radar warning system indication has been added for following helicopters:
- Mi-24P (Germany)
- F7F (all modification) — armour plate position has been fixed.
- MiG-19PT - Armour thickness has been fixed.
- Mi-24P (Germany) — Flares and IRCM display has been fixed.
- Mi-24 (V and P versions) — armament presets after unlocking R-60M modification have been fixed.
- Bo-105 (all modifications) — New suspended weaponry (machine guns and rockets) and thermal traps have been added.
- Ki-200, Me 163B, Me 163B-0 — A bug which caused tail damage during take-off has been fixed.
- Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9 — “new boosters” modification has been added. (source)
- Do 217 E-2 / E-4 — bomb armament modifications order in modifications research tree has been fixed.
- F.222.2, N.C.223.3, MB.162, LeO 451 early/late — The display of turret armament modification icons has been fixed.
- Pe-2 (all modifications) — Ammo load of the lower turret with UBT MG has been fixed - ammo load has been increased from 200 to 230 rounds.
- Hs 129 (all modifications) — Pilot cockpit armour has been fixed.
- F8F (all modifications) — armoured glass thickness has been fixed.
- Spitfire F Mk.22 / 24 — Hispano MK V replaced with Hispano MK II.
- F-86F-2 — tracer rounds display has been fixed.
- AH-1G — camera position for third person view has been fixed.
- AH-1Z — camera position for third person view has been fixed.
- Ki-108 — Explosives type and mass for Ho-104 gun ammo has been fixed. (source)
- Ki-45 otsu — explosive mass and type for the ammo of the ‘Type 94 gun’ has been fixed . (source)
- Colt Mk.12 Mod 3 — bullet velocity has been fixed.
- Ho-103 and Ho-104 MGs — Ammo belt filling has been fixed.
- For the SS.11 and AGM-22 guided missiles, the armour-piercing value has been changed from 500 to 600mm.
- The warnings about launching “air-to-air” missiles have been disabled in the SB game mode.
Flight Model changes
- Wellington (all modifications), C.R.42 - a bug where it was impossible to cool engines after overheating has been fixed.
- Mosquito (all modifications) - fuel tank use order has been fixed. First, the tanks on the wing tips are used, then in the central part of the wing, and lastly the tanks in the fuselage.
- IL-2 (1941, 1942), IL-2М (1943) - FM has been completely changed. Fins and wings polars have been recalculated and updated. Centre of gravity has been recalculated depending on load and amount of remaining fuel. Propeller performance updated.
- A7M1/M2 - Propeller performance recalculated. Polars of the prop, fins and fuselage completely updated. Maximum speed at ground level and low altitude has been increased (details in the data sheet). Thermodynamics updated. Reactive moment is now more noticeable in full controls mode.
- A-36 - Rudder response curve has been corrected according to reports (yaw at high speeds reduced). Meredith effect for radiators has been set similar to that of other Mustangs. Wing polars have been recalculated. WEP has been increased; now, 100% throttle has the same power that WEP previously had. Cruise mode added. Modern thermodynamics system added. Engine start and stop modes tuned: propeller spin-up at ground level and in a dive updated. Pitching is possible if brakes are used.
- CR.42 — The rudder response curve at low speeds has been improved. Stability in cruiser modes improved. Pitching is possible if brakes are used. Engine start and stop modes tuned: propeller spin-up at ground level and in a dive updated.
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- Characteristics of all naval 40mm Bofors have been updated depending on the mount type.
- A bug where there was no distance correction after firing rounds with a time fuse has been fixed.
- All naval guns where different crew members are responsible for vertical and horizontal guidance, as well as all turrets that are rotated by a single crew member, can now be guided in both dimensions simultaneously.
- Ship shells armour penetration table sheets have been expanded in their respective in-game cards.
- All naval rockets and jet bombs have been corrected in terms of traction, speed and acceleration.
- The missile sight on ships has been fixed. Now you are able to aim using it.
- Armour-piercing shells have been removed for German 88, 105 and 127 mm cannons. Costs (SL, GE and RP) for modification research have been compensated. Instead, there will now be HE shells with a tail fuse available for research for 105 and 127 mm cannons, as well as anti aircraft HE shells. Also, 88 mm cannons now have high-explosive fragmentation incendiary shells.
- German 150mm KC/36 and SK C/25 cannons now have anti-aircraft HE shells.
- The "Smoke screen" modification has been moved from the 4th to 2nd level and from the "Firepower" section to the "Unsinkability" section.
- The rigid research sequence of researchable shells and belts has been removed to allow for greater flexibility with player selection.
- Many armour-piercing and HE shells with a bottom fuse have been moved down to a lower level for quicker opening in the modifications window (for example from level 3 to level 2, etc.).
- The arming and fusing parameters for the shells with radio fuse have been setted correspond to the historical data.
- МО-4 — Rudder area increased. Modification “rocket launcher” has been moved to the 4th level.
- PGH-2 — Gun recoil has been added for the Bofors. Camera position whilst zooming in 3rd person view has been fixed (vessel model no longer disappears).
- Brave Class (P1011) — X-ray model of the Bofors guns has been fixed.
- TS-Boot Proj. 206, Pr. 206, Pr. 206М — radar animation added.
- MBK pr. 186 (МК 85) —AA turrets repair issue has been fixed.
- MBK pr. 186 —AA turrets repair issue has been fixed. Barbette armouring added.
- Sumner (DD-692) — Bridge x-ray model fixed. The location of the ammunition has been corrected..
- Clemson (DD-336), Clemson (DD-213) — Lifeboat model changed. X-ray model changed for the 11th and 12th torpedo in torpedo launchers.
- Tashkent (destroyer leader) — Vessel draft in the hangar updated. Fume effect added.
- BMO — 21-К Gunner position has been changed.
- Bennion (DD-662) — The damage model of the front and rear fuel tanks have been updated. More elevators have been added. Ammo allocation updated.
- Cowell (DD-547), Fletcher (DD-445) — The damage model of the front and rear fuel tanks have been updated. More elevators have been added.
- S-100 Lang, S-100 (1945) — Camera position after joining a battle has been fixed.
- S-100 (1944) — A stabilizer has been added for the MK103.
- USS Trenton (CL-11), USS Raleigh (CL-7) — Max speed has been updated from 32.6 knots to 34 knots.
- 89 ft PT-810 — MK2 gunner model has been fixed. Depth charges model x-ray has been fixed. Stabilizer has been added for the Mk.3 with 40mm Bofors.
- Fairmile D (5001), Fairmile D (697), Fairmile D (617) — Main calibre gun now has 360 degrees of rotation.
- Class Dark (FPB 1101) — Visual discrepancy of the shaft axes for the 115 mm canon in X-ray view has been fixed.
- VS-10 — illuminator glass removed from armour model of the vessel.
- Vosper 1 series — Coaxial MG reload time has been changed from 10 to 8 seconds
- Pr. 123К «Komsomolets», Pr. 123К (А-11) — Prices for DShK ammo belts are now equal to each other.
- Krasny Krym — X-ray model of the rear main calibre gun has been fixed.
- Krasny Kavkaz — The 180mm B-1-K has received new ammo: semi AP PB-32 and AA grenade ZS-32 with time fuse.
- Elco 80 ft PT-556 Thunderbolt — A bug where there was no indication of the auxiliary caliber gun’s ammo has been fixed.
- Köln — Modifications of the 88mm gun ammo have been fixed. Nose magazine position has been updated.
- LCS(L)(3) — Amount of rounds per barrel of the Bofors has been increased.
- SGB (S304) — Ammo load of the 40mm guns has been fixed. Previously it was equal to the amount of ammunition of one reload, so the gun wasn't fully loaded. Instead of 2000 shots for each barrel it is now 1960 which corresponds to 35 magazines.
- Vosper 2 series — Ammo load of the 20mm guns has been fixed. Previously it was equal to the amount of ammunition of one reload, so the gun wasn't fully loaded. Instead of 2000 shots for each barrel it is now 1980 which corresponds to 33 magazines.
- HMS Leander — A bug with one of the engine rooms being invulnerable has been fixed.
- Asheville (PGM-84) — A stabilizer has been added for the mk3 mount with the 40mm Bofors.
- Elco 80 ft PT-314 — A stabilizer has been added for the 37mm м4.
- Elco 77ft PT-59 — Visual divergence of the 40mm Bofors barrels axes in x-ray mode has been fixed.
- Z-20 Karl Galster — an issue with 37mm guns guidance has been fixed. Visual x-ray model of a torpedo tube has been fixed.
- Type 1939 (T22) — an issue with 37mm guns guidance has been fixed. Visual model of the vessel has been fixed.
- Kanonenboot K-2 — an issue with 37mm guns guidance has been fixed. Magazines positions have been updated.
- HMS Dido — Visual divergence of the main calibre gun axes barrels in x-ray mode has been fixed.
- Mk.13 torpedo - incorrect modifications have been removed.
- The order of starting torpedoes on the S-38 in the x-ray view of the vessel has been fixed.
Economy and research
- F-86F-2 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- F9F-8 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- FJ-4B — Has been moved to rank 6.
- FJ-4B VMF-232 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- CL-13A Mk.5 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- MiG-17 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- Hunter F.1 — Has been moved to rank 6.
- F-86F-40 (Japan) — BR has been changed: for AB - from 8.0 to 8.3, for RB and SB - from 9.0 to 9.3.
- F9F-2 and F9F-5 — Have been grouped in the aircraft research tree.
- Me 262 C-1a and Me 262 C-2b — Have been grouped in the aircraft research tree.
- Yak-17 — Has been grouped with the Yak-15.
- MiG-15 and MiG-15bis — Have been grouped in the aircraft research tree.
- Meteor F Mk.4 G.41F and Meteor F Mk.4 G.41G — Have been grouped in the aircraft research tree.
- Pr. 159 — Has been moved to rank 2.
- Type-90 — Has been moved to rank 7.
- Connections between the Soviet, US and German ground vehicle research trees have been added.
- Premium ground vehicles Т-55АМ-1, Leopard A1A1 (L44), XM-1 (C/GM) and Sho’t Kal Dalet have been moved to the rank 6.
- Purchase costs in SL for some rank V Soviet, US and Japanese aircraft has been decreased.
- The purchase costs for crew qualification on the destroyer Leningrad has been reduced.
- A set of icons depicting maritime crew has been added.
- A "Deforming Tricolor Pattern" for Soviet top ranked ground vehicles has been added.
- Some decals from the "identification marks" group are no longer free. Additional tasks to receive them and the opportunity to purchase them for the GE have been added.
- The colour of the basic camouflage for the Type 60 SPRG and Type 61 has been changed.
- Z-20 Karl Galster — Instead of two decals, a skin with images of is current flags on its deck has been added. This made it possible to free two slots for decals on the ship. The decals themselves remain available in the set.
- F-100 — Two additional camouflages have been added.
- Information about structural material and the thickness of the hull and superstructures has been added to the ship's card.
- Information regarding earned medals has been added to the player info cards.
- Radar station mechanics for ground vehicles and aircraft have been added.
- Field repair mechanics have been updated in ground forces RB. Field repair will now be carried out only in the absence of an installed “Parts” modification and must be activated manually.
- The possibility of a complete breech failure of a tank’s cannon when it fires with a damaged breech has been added. In order to continue firing after a complete failure, the breech will need to be repaired the regular way via field repair.
- Mechanics for suspension damage on wheeled ground vehicles has been implemented.
- A bug related to the "Base defender" award has been fixed. In order to receive it, it is necessary to destroy the enemy who is capturing the point and thus halt the progress of capture (it means that the enemy must be the only player at the point).
- AIs which are controlling ground vehicles (will be used in custom battle missions and battles for beginners) can now use the FPE modification.
- In the “Assault: Tank arcade” mode, AI ground vehicles can now use the “Parts” modification to repair vehicles instead of the automatic repair made by the mission script and FPE modification.
- New achievements for Italian ground forces have been added.
- New daily tasks for naval battles have been added:
- Duck Hunt - Destroy enemy aircraft in combined battles (Easy - 1 / Medium - 5 / Special - 12)
- On Course - Destroy ground and waterborne targets using an attacker or helicopter (1/4/9)
- Masthead Bomber - Destroy ground and waterborne targets using a bomber (1/4/9)
- Hurricane - Destroy three enemy fighters in every battle for the required number of battles (-/1/2)
- Big Catch - Destroy three enemy bombers in every battle for the required number of battles (-/1/2)
- Sea Urchin - Achieve a winning streak of 5 victories over enemy vessels the required number of times (-/1/2)
- Shark - Achieve a winning streak of 10 victories over enemy vessels the required number of times (-/-/1)
- The Flying Dutchman - Capture strategic points using a hydroplane (-/1/-)
- Swordfish - Destroy enemy vessels while in an aircraft using torpedoes (-/2/5)
- Whaleman - Destroy enemy destroyers and cruisers while in a vessel using torpedoes (-/2/5)
- 27 Cables - Destroy enemy destroyers and cruisers using a destroyer's offensive armament from a distance of at least 27 cables (-/1/3)
- Petrel - Win a battle achieving the required damage on naval targets (2200/5000/10000)
- Cannoneer - Achieve the required damage to naval targets (5000/10000/50000)
- Captain Octopus - Win the required number of battles fulfilling three conditions in each of them: destroy one enemy vessel, destroy one enemy aircraft, capture a strategic point (-/1/2)
- Rock - Destroy enemy vessels while at an allied strategic point (1/3/7)
- Do not Swim over the Buoys - Destroy enemy vessels that are at a strategic point (1/3/7)
- The system for tracking your shells has been improved:
- In AB and RB, the timer and sound signal by fall the shell into the water has been added.
- The ability to turn on/off the audio signal in the game menu (menu > options > main parameters > naval battle settings) has been added.
- The minimum calibre at which the system operates is 76 mm.
- The colour of the smoke at a captured point is now coloured in the colour of the team that controls it.
The War Thunder Team