WAR THUNDER PRESENTS Update 1.93 “Shark Attack”
Iconic Soviet helicopters, an introduction to the Swedish aviation tech tree, a Rank V navy vessel, the first Italian helicopter, South Africa navy location, plus many fixes and updates for existing machines and game mechanics. This, and much more, awaits you in major update 1.93 "Shark Attack"!
Iconic Soviet helicopters!
The Legendary "Havoc" and "Black Shark" are finally added to War Thunder!
First aircraft for Swedish Tech Tree
SAAB J29D and VL Pyörremyrsky are first aircraft available for Swedish Tech Tree.
Sweden (new nation in the game)
- Hunter FGA.9 (pack)
- Phantom FGR.2
- B.R.20M M1
- A6M2 (premium)
- Ki-45 hei (premium)
- Ki-84 Ko (premium)
Rank V navy vessel
First rank V ship - Heavy Cruiser USS Pensacola
- USS Pensacola
- USS Helena (premium)
- Type 1936B
- Type 1934А
- HMS Belfast (premium)
- HMS Hawkins
New Ground Vehicles
- 2S6M Tunguska-M (as a researchable modification of the 2S6)
- 9P149M (as a researchable modification of the 9P149)
Location and mission updates
- Helicopter respawns have been moved further away from the ground forces battlefield position.
- The size of the “Northern Port” location has been changed from 12x12km to 16x16km and the respawn location for larger naval vessels has been relocated.
Examples of bugs corrected by player reports
As previously, we want to thank you for correctly created bug reports! Below you will find some of the bug fixes that were possible with your help. You continue to assist us to make War Thunder better!
- Incorrect reload speed for the last shell in the first-order ammo racks has been fixed (source).
- The weight of the М1А1 Abrams tank has been changed from 59 to 57.15 ton. According to “Tank Platoon: Headquarters Department of the Army (April 1996)” (source).
- Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed for IJN Kiyoshimo (source).
- Belt composition of the 7.92 mm S-100 machine gun has been fixed(1944) (source).
- Incorrect texture of the Firefly Scorpion anti-aircraft machine gun has been fixed (source).
- Shifting of the crosshairs on the sights in aircraft cockpits has been fixed (source).
- Bugs in the hull roof armour of the M26E1, through which the driver and gunner could be hit have been fixed (source).
- Incorrect armour of the gun mantlet of the Т-34-85 Gai (China) has been fixed. Gun mantlet is now equal to the Т-34-85 (USSR) (source).
- “Gaps” in the armour for the following tanks have been fixed: M22, M60, Magach 3, T32, T32E1, Heavy Tank No.6, ST-A1, ST-A2, Type 61, Centurion (from multiple bug reports).
- The work of the rangefinder on helicopters with missing or removed nose turret have been restored (source).
- Incorrect behavior in the established turn with flaps released on the aircraft of the MiG series and some others have been fixed (source).
- Incorrect display of jet exhaust which could be displayed ahead of the aircraft has been fixed (source).
- Many sound artifacts have been fixed. For example sound artifacts in battles longer than 40 minutes (from many bug reports).
- Cargo ships have been added to the naval convoys.
- A bug on the “La Manche” location, where some airfields in hostile territory continued to operate even after capturing a port or advancing the front line, has been fixed.
- A bug where capturing the port allows the enemy bombing zone near the port to remain an active target has been fixed. Now such zones will be considered as captured and disappear.
- In the “Saipan” mission the front line (except ground battles) has been partly switched on as it is required by the port capture logic.
- Ship setups for AI now depends on the rank of battles.
- Ports now have security units. Port can not be captured without destroying them. Destroyed units reappear after some time and damage will be restored. In the case of port capture, security units will respawn for the side which has captured the port to aid in its protection.
- AI cost guard units have been added on the coast of the La Manche and Saipan location which act on the principle of any other background units (active only if there are some players nearby and if the limit of the active units isn’t exceeded).
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 2S6 - 2S6M modification has been added. BR for all game modes have been changed from 10 to 10.3.
- Swingfire - Armour-piercing has been changed from 500 to 535 mm.
- MILAN - Armour-piercing has been changed from 580 to 530 mm.
- HOT - Armour-piercing has been changed from 800 to 700 mm.
- Centurion Mk.3 / Centurion Mk.10 / Centurion Mk.1 / Sho’t Kal Dalet / Strv 81 - A partition which separates the ammunition storage from the driver has been added.
- French reserve vehicle has been changed from AMC34 to AMD35.
- M1A1 - Weight of the tank has been changed from 58,970 kg to 57,150 kg. Source: FM 17-15 Tank Platoon
- A new shell type has been added - MPAT, in particular for the M830A1 (for M1A2)
- Penetration values for the following HEAT shells have been reduced (the below values are in mm):
- OCC 120 G1: 600 → 480
- OECC 120 F1: 600 → 480
- DM12A1: 650 → 480
- DM12: 650 → 480
- M830: 650 → 480
- Source: Data of Soviet and NATO anti-armour weapon systems // REPORT OF DGWs WORKING PARTY ON AMMUNITION NATURES FOR FUTURE AFVs HEAT Vs HESH FOR FMBT
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Bugs with localization of the information about the thickness of the aircraft armour have been fixed.
- Helicopters - Enable helicopter repair if they can still fly.
- Zoom for helicopter gunner camera view depending on the sighting optics has been fixed.
- Aircraft - The gyroscopic sight no longer drifts to the side as it now uses all available guns for reference.
- F4C - Allow the use of the ventral gunpod if the landing gear is broken.
- A bug with the display of the armour-piercing icon on the flares modification has been fixed.
- F-89D - Gyro gunsight will work with rockets
- Ki-100 II - Lack of protection for fuel tanks has been fixed.
- G4M1 - Separate bomb dropping has been added.
- Tiger (all modifications) - The position of the third-person camera view in zoom for easier firing of unguided rockets has been fixed.
- Swift F.7 - Fireflash guided missile have been added. The missile will be controlled using “Beam riding”, i.e. the missile must be held after launch on the sight line of the target by controlling the aircraft body.
Flight Model changes:
- The “Hold roll angle” button has been added to the control settings for helicopters in the “mouse aiming mode”. The new feature allows you to turn on the helicopter’S roll hold. This allows the helicopter to make lateral movements (strafe) without constantly entering the commands into the roll channels, compensate roll drift during the movement and drift of the helicopter at high and low speeds and adjust the radius and sharpness of the turn at high speed. The range of the roll angles in which the hold works is limited by +/-30 degrees but can be individual for some helicopters.
- F.222.2, NC.223.32 - Flight model has been updated. A bug with very quick engine overheating on takeoff mode has been fixed. Stability and controllability of the aircraft by performing manoeuvres under using full control type have been improved.
- H6K - Flight model has been updated. The propeller group now operates with more stability in all flight modes. Alignment range has been fixed (the aircraft is easier to operate on all control types). More precise fuel distribution on the tanks and the order of its consumption has been applied (first will be used fuel from the tanks close to the wing console).
- VG.33 - Flight model has been fully updated. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been corrected and improved. Wing and fin aerodynamics have been recalculated. The cooling system has been updated (overheating is now less severe).
- Ме 264 - Wing polars with released mechanization have been recalculated. Takeoff and land on all control types is now easier to perform.
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- The fire rate for the first priority shells has been adjusted for all ships. A bug where the cannon fired faster “from magazine” (Fletcher, Summer) has been fixed.
- Fire rate from the main calibre cannons has been increased for the following ships:
- Nurnberg - 12 shots per minute
- Akizuki - 21 shots per minute
- Mutsuki - 6 shots per minute
- Kako - 4 shots per minute
- Furutaka - 5 shots per minute
- Agano - 10 shots per minute
- Reloading of spare torpedoes on the Japanese destroyers has been fixed.
- All US ships that are equipped with the 127mm/38 universal Mk.12 cannon have had the appropriate mounts for these cannons corrected. In accordance with the installation model, the fire rate, ammunition and guidance speed have also been adjusted.
- Battle (D14) - 114mm stern cannon has been added to the main calibre group.
- Battle (D14) - Ammunition for 114mm stern cannon has been corrected. Non relevant modification of anti air armament targeting has been deleted. RP and game currency spent for the research will be returned to the account. The 40mm Bofors have been moved to the category of secondary weaponry.
- The self destruct distance of the AK-726 shells (Pr.159, Pr.35) has been increased.
- IJN Mogami - The traverse angles of the main calibre cannons have been extended. Torpedo sight appearing on the opposite side of aim has been fixed.
- PT-3 - Weaponry setup with torpedoes and depth charges which in the past didn’t include torpedoes has been fixed.
- HMS Grafton
- Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed.
- Ammo use for bomb mortars has been fixed.
- 12.7mm Vickers have been moved from the anti-aircraft group to the auxiliary group. Modification of the improved Anti-Air Armament Targeting has been replaced by the Auxiliary Armament Targeting. In-game currency and RP for the researched modification will be returned to the account.
- 165 ft PC-466 Carmi - The operation of the bomb mortars has been fixed.
- IJN Kiyoshimo - Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed.
- IJN Kuma, IJN Kako - X-Ray view and the order of torpedo launching have been fixed.
- River class (K-246) — weapon presets with depth charges have been fixed, twin sets removed.
- 127mm Type 1 shell muzzle velocity has been corrected from 872 m/sec to 910 m/sec
- Train speed for german 150mm turret c\36 increased from 8 to 10 degrees per second.
- 165 ft PC-466 Carmi — aiming angles of the stern turret has been fixed.
- Leningrad (leader) — training angles of the stern turret have been increased.
Naval modifications and crew skills:
- HMS Southampton - The position of the smoke screen modification in the modification window has been fixed.
- Type-K3/No.1 - Bomb mortar modification which created nothing has been removed. In-game currency and RP for the researched modification will be returned to the account.
- SGB (S304) — 12.7mm Vickers MG description in x ray mode has been fixed.
Naval characteristics, physics and damage model:
- The speed penalty from the destruction of the funnels has been changed from 0.6 to 0.85 of maximum capacity.
- Armour thickness of the 102 mm British Мк. XIX has been changed to 3.175 mm.
- IJN Mogami, IJN Agano - Roll rate on turn has been decreased.
- Vosper series 2 - Maximum speed has been corrected.
- Type 91 explosive TNT equivalent has been corrected from 95% to 105%
- Class N (G25) — gun mantlet size have been increased.
- Sumner (DD-692), Cowell (DD-547), Fletcher (DD-445) — the unprotected part of the fire control system material has been changed.
- Fairmile C (312), SGB (S304) — turret protection layout has been specified.
- Type 4 Model 4 Kuchiku-Tei Ka-Ro — hull material has been corrected from steel to wood. Internal space layout has been changed.
Naval Visual models and visual parts:
- Gun recoil has been revisited for all naval vessels. Recoil distance and recoil times have been changed.
- IJN Kuma, IJN Furutaka — discrepancy between DM and x-ray view for AA guns has been fixed.
- Fletcher (DD-445) — the x-ray visual model for 40mm Bofors turrets has been fixed.
- Type 1939 (Т22) — the left drive shaft visuals in x-ray have been improved.
- VS-10 — the visual and x-ray positioning of the front turret has been synchronized.
- MBK pr. 186 — quard rails are now flipped to increase the train angle of the main calibre turrets
- MPK pr.122а — invalid MGs have been removed from the deck.
- Type 4 Model 4 Kuchiku-Tei Ka-Ro — both screws now rotate in one direction. The screw model has been changed from two bladed to four bladed.
- Bundesmarine flag form has been changed
- English localization for fuze has been corrected: fuse has been changed to fuze.
- HMS Grafton - Speed information of the ship in its vehicle card has been corrected.
Economy and research
- China’s ground forces and air forces are now available for everyone for research.
- The erroneous requirements of receiving of the player’s “Japanese Navy” icons has been fixed and changed from 750 damage points to 200,000.
- New limitation for “Roundels and insignias” section decals. They now could be obtained and used only for vehicle of the given nation.
- New mechanics added to the hangar - “Protection analysis for ships”. Shot animation is now shown on the vehicle model.
- New option of hiding/showing external armor plates for ships.
- The composition of many sound events has been optimized. Secondary elements of lesser importance have been removed as they were consuming excess resources and contaminating the sound mix.
- The rules for managing groups of sound events have been changed. The prioritization system of sound event launching has been optimized.
- Erroneous elements in sound design for a number of vehicles have been fixed.
- FMOD version has been updated from 1.10.11 to 1.10.17.
- Controlling a helicopter in mouse aim mode you can now set the neutral roll from the keyboard. This allows you for example to aim the helicopter with the mouse and fly sideways at the same time as well as compensate for drift due to propeller pull. To do this you need to activate “Manual roll control” mode.
- Trees are now non transparent for optical sights and guiding devices, for example such as, ADATS or Stormer SPAAGs, or Ka-50 or AH-1Z.
- Trees are now half-transparent for radars. Radar distance shortens for every tree in its scan direction.
The War Thunder Team