War Thunder: Update 1.55 "Royal Armour"
We would like to proudly announce the major
War Thunder Update 1.55 "Royal Armour"!
Update 1.55 - "Royal Armour"
- Great Britain
- Great Britain (The following tanks will become available during the course of the British Ground Forces CBT)
- Valentine Mk IX
- Valentine Mk XI
- А34 Comet I
- A30 Challenger
- Armoured Car Mk II (SPAA)
- Crusader AA Mk I (SPAA)
- Crusader AA Mk II (SPAA)
- Crusader Mk III (Cruiser Tank)
- Сhurchill Mk III
- Сhurchill Mk VII
- Cromwell I
- Сenturion Mk III
- Centurion Mk X
- AC IV Thunderbolt (Premium)
- 3 inch Gun Carrier
- A39 Tortoise
- Charioteer Mk VII
- Cromwell Mk V
- A13 Mk II
- Sherman VC Firefly
- Matilda Mk II
- Valentine Mk I
- Kpfpz. Churchill (premium)
- Т-44-122 (Premium)
New Locations and Missions
- “Tunisia” - New desert location for combined battles (available within the following game modes: Domination, Battle, Capture)
- "Second Battle of El Alamein" - New desert location for combined battles available within the following game modes: Domination, Battle, Conquest).
- Battle tasks - personal missions, complete them and get rewards (will become available a few days after the Update release)
Changes in Locations and Missions
- Minimap in the mission briefing screen has been improved
Research and Economy
- M10 17pdr Achilles was moved to 3rd rank without BR changes
Changes in Flight Models
Changes in Ground Vehicles Armament
- Fire rate for the 75mm M6 cannon has been increased from 9 to 9.3 shots per minute (M24 tank).
- Wheeled vehicles driving performance on roads, snow, sand and dirt tracks has been improved.
- Sounds for the following weapons have been reworked: D10-T, L7, Oerlikon 20mm cannon, QF6 57mm gun, QF32 94mm gun.
- New sounds for Vickers .303 and BESA MG’s.
- Turret rotation sounds reworked according to their historical characteristics.
- Voice-overs for Turkish localization have been updated.
- M2 MG sound has been fixed (for ground vehicles).
- Engine screeching sounds for the trucks have been removed.
- Fixed and improved head tracking using Playstation Camera.
- Landing or “ditching” on the surface of water is now possible for all aircraft, not only for floatplanes and seaplanes.
- Floating (Amphibious) capability is now available for the PT-76.
- Time required for the vehicle to be covered in dust while moving on sandy and dusty roads has been increased.