15 December 2015
Discuss on the Forums
War Thunder: Update 1.55 "Royal Armour"
We would like to proudly announce the major
War Thunder Update 1.55 "Royal Armour"!
Update 1.55 - "Royal Armour"
- Great Britain (The following tanks will become available during the course of the British Ground Forces CBT)
- Kpfpz. Churchill (premium)
New Locations and Missions
- “Tunisia” - New desert location for combined battles (available within the following game modes: Domination, Battle, Capture)
- "Second Battle of El Alamein" - New desert location for combined battles available within the following game modes: Domination, Battle, Conquest).
- Battle tasks - personal missions, complete them and get rewards (will become available a few days after the Update release)
Changes in Locations and Missions
- Minimap in the mission briefing screen has been improved
Research and Economy
- M10 17pdr Achilles was moved to 3rd rank without BR changes
Changes in Flight Models
Changes in Ground Vehicles Armament
- Fire rate for the 75mm M6 cannon has been increased from 9 to 9.3 shots per minute (M24 tank).
- Wheeled vehicles driving performance on roads, snow, sand and dirt tracks has been improved.
- Sounds for the following weapons have been reworked: D10-T, L7, Oerlikon 20mm cannon, QF6 57mm gun, QF32 94mm gun.
- New sounds for Vickers .303 and BESA MG’s.
- Turret rotation sounds reworked according to their historical characteristics.
- Voice-overs for Turkish localization have been updated.
- M2 MG sound has been fixed (for ground vehicles).
- Engine screeching sounds for the trucks have been removed.
- Fixed and improved head tracking using Playstation Camera.
- Landing or “ditching” on the surface of water is now possible for all aircraft, not only for floatplanes and seaplanes.
- Floating (Amphibious) capability is now available for the PT-76.
- Time required for the vehicle to be covered in dust while moving on sandy and dusty roads has been increased.