Fellow War Thunder Players!
We invite you to take part in the first stage of the automated tournament that will take place at the opening of the Grand Final of the War Thunder League! Today we go into the details of the “Tornado” tournament and the streams of the League Grand Final.
“Tornado” tournament - qualifying stage
From 11:00 UTC on October 2nd until 11:00 UTC on October 5th
Take part in this eSport Event in the format of “Battle Royale”, which will be available in the game client and requires a ticket to access. You can receive your first “Silver ticket” for free on the War Thunder tournament portal.
New tickets can be purchased in the ingame store or on the event window, when the previous one has expired. There are two types of tickets:
- “Silver ticket” (for 10 battles and maximum of 3 losses) - can be purchased in the game for Silver Lions or received in the Golden trophy of the League;
- “Gold ticket” (for 20 battles and maximum of 10 losses) can be purchased in the game for Golden Eagles or received in the Platinum trophy of the League.
Until 12:00 UTC on October 4th, all players will be able to purchase the Platinum trophy of the War Thunder League, where you can receive one of the coupons, Golden Eagles, Gold ticket or other prizes.
Prizes for the qualifying stage of the “Tornado” tournament
Receive the following prizes by participating in the tournament:
- For each win - 50,000 Silver Lions.
- For every 5 wins in a row - Golden Throphy of the War Thunder League.
Reach the prize places to receive Golden Eagles and 1 out of 100 tickets, opening unlimited access to the Final of the “Tornado” tournament on the TSS.
After the ending of the qualifying stage of the tournament, based on the final leaderboard you will receive:
- Top 50 players by number of victories - 1000 Golden Eagles and ticket for the Final of the "Tornado" tournament.
- Top 100 players by number of victories - 500 Golden Eagles and ticket for the Final of the "Tornado" tournament.
- Top 200 players by number of victories - 200 Golden Eagles.
- Top 500 players by number of victories - 100 Golden Eagles.
Become the last player alive among dozens of opponents in a shrinking battle area! Pick the loot up on the map to defeat all enemies - blow them up with powerful artillery or repair all modules and restore the crew in your tank in the battle. Choose tactics and find your optimal tank that will bring victory in the tournament with prizes!
- Game mode: Realistic Battles with markers.
- Allowed vehicles and locations are the same as in the Final “Tornado” tournament .
- You can only play solo (not as a squad).
- Battles will be made for the players with the closest rating which will be formed on the basis of a players position.
- The event is available only for the players on the PC platform.
- There’s a bonus that can be picked up during battle that includes:
- Artillery - an extremely powerful strike that destroys anything within a specific radius but it takes a while before the barrage begins. Available for all vehicle types. Not available at the end of a battle
- Repair kit - repairs all modules and restores all ammo.
- Med kit - restores the crew.
- Fire extinguisher
If you haven’t got to the prize places in the first stage of the tournament, don’t give up! You can receive a ticket for the Final of the “Tornado” tournament by participating in a giveaway on our Facebook page. Read the requirements here.
Final of the “Tornado” tournament
The Final of the “Tornado” tournament will start at 11:00 UTC on October 6th, where the qualifying stage and social network giveaway winners will fight for the super prizes on the War Thunder tournament portal.
Important! In order to participate in the Final of the “Tornado” tournament, players have to receive access to registration in the tournament by receiving a special ticket, register and confirm a team before the tournament start.
Prizes of the Final of the “Tornado” tournament
- 1st place — 1,500 Golden Eagles + Coupon for the League camouflage for the MiG-19PT aircraft + Coupon for the League camouflage for the M1A1 Abrams tank + Vehicle coupon for the T18E2 Boarhound.
- 2nd place — 1,000 Golden Eagles + Coupon for the League camouflage for the M1A1 Abrams tank.
- 3rd place — 500 Golden Eagles + Coupon for the League camouflage for the MiG-19PT aircraft.
- 4th place — 250 Golden Eagles + 50% Boosters for Silver Lions and Research Points for 10 battles.
- 5th place — 100 Golden Eagles + 50% Boosters for Silver Lions and Research Points for 10 battles.
- 6th place — 50% Boosters for Silver Lions and Research Points for 10 battles.
Grand Final of the Second season of the War Thunder League
- From October 4th to October 6th - group stage
- From October 11th to October 13th - playoff stage
The biggest eSport event of this year introduces money prize, coupons for premium vehicles, more than 140,000 Golden eagles, unique camouflages and more for the winners.
Streams of the Grand Final of the Second Season of the War Thunder League will start on October 4th at 17:00 UTC
Live stream will be available on the official War Thunder Twitch channel.
10 minutes before the start of the match that going to be streamed, viewers can influence this match by participating in a poll on the tournament portal which will give options to do the following:
- Pick the missions that will be available to teams — viewers will have 7 missions to choose from, they can remove 2 missions that they do not want to see in the match.
- Ban the vehicle — viewers can ban 1 vehicle from the tournament vehicle lineup for all the teams or decide not to ban anything.
- Pick the type of artillery strike in the match — viewers can pick one of the following: disable artillery strike, leave the default artillery strike, introduce the smoke artillery strike or super artillery strike.
During each stream, viewers can win a Silver trophy of the War Thunder League, which contains one of the following items:
- Coupon for the War Thunder League camouflage for Mitsubishi T-2 aircraft.
- Coupon for the War Thunder League camouflage for T-80U tank.
- 1 day of Premium account.
- 15% Booster for Silver Lions for 10 battles.
- 15% Booster for Research Points for 10 battles.
Number of trophies that will be in a giveaway on the streams will depend on the number of viewers on the stream.
At the end of each match, there will be a vote for the best player of the match. The best player of the match will receive 1,000 Golden Eagles.
When the tournament is over, there will be a vote for the best player of the tournament, where the best players of the matches will participate.
The best player of the Grand Final will receive 5,000 Golden Eagles.