A well-trained ally doesn’t make obvious mistakes in battle. They are an asset, and instead, will aid you in your path to victory. How might one hope for a well-trained ally? Well, your ally’s best teacher could be you after you’ve participated in the short guides competition from the War Thunder Wiki team!
From the 7th of June until 23:59 GMT on the 30th of June
Explain to newcomers about well-known mechanics in the game using the format of short videos or briefings to win valuable awards and the unique in-game title “Educator”!
10 best short guide authors
- In-game title “Educator”
- Premium account for 1 month
10 best short video creators
- In-game title “Educator”
- Premium account for 3 months
- Choice of premium vehicles up to rank V (excluding vehicles from update 1.89 and any special event vehicles)
Useful guides, in either unchanged or improved forms, will take an honourable place on the pages of the official War Thunder Wiki, while referencing the nicknames of their respective authors/creators!
Remember the learning-curve that you, yourself, experienced in War Thunder, and try to help newcomers overcome these by teaching them, step by step, or demonstrating by example.
Consider beginning with the basics, using simple actions, such as vehicle purchase, crew training, or even how a new player might register to play the game!
Write simple text instructions with one or two paragraphs.
Begin by describing the task and outlining a clear sequence of the actions required to complete it.
Record a video of up to 60 seconds, demonstrating the sequence of actions one needs to take, and accompanying them with comments that are useful to players.
Publish your video on YouTube for example, with the name “How to ___ in War Thunder” (where “___” is a clear description of the action) and post the link to the video on this forum topic.
In order to avoid spending a lot of time replacing the vehicles in crew slots for different battles, push the “↑↓ Presets” button, then “Add”. Create the vehicle preset according to the intended conditions, and name it clearly. By doing this, you will not have to constantly change the vehicles in your crew slots each time, and you will be able to switch between different presets for different battles (of different BR or game modes) pretty fast.
- How to set up camouflages for battles
- How to change a camouflage
- how to activate an item from the inventory
- how to setup an avatar picture
- how to change graphics settings
- how to change a nickname
- how to contact support
- how to setup the range finder
Short video requirements:
- The video clip should be posted on YouTube or another similar video hosting source with open access for all viewers.
- The duration of the video should not exceed 60 seconds.
- Video resolution (quality) should be at least HD (1280x720) and 24 frames per second.
- The video should be called: “How to ____ on War Thunder” where “___” is a clear description of the action. For example: “How to purchase a vehicle in War Thunder”.
- You may add effects to your video, and you may edit it as you see fit.
- The winners will be determined by the quality of the video or by the general conciseness and comprehensibility of the short text instructions. The choice will also be influenced by the originality of the chosen topic and its usefulness for players.
- The number of works that an author may submit is not limited, and more works may increase the author’s chance of becoming a winner.
- The winners will be announced, at the latest, on the 5th of July.
- Your video or short briefing must be created specifically for this competition.
- Your creation must not violate moral, ethical or legal norms, as well as the forum rules, game rules and the EULA.
- The winners will be determined by judges from the War Thunder community team.
- The contest organisers reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Winners may choose vehicles up to the specified ranks as prizes, excluding event vehicles (like E100 etc) and vehicles from update 1.89.
The War Thunder Team