Happy VE Day!
On the 8th of May, 1945, the Allied forces who fought World War II in the West celebrated “VE Day” or “Victory in Europe Day”. Cities in most of the Allied nations, as well as formerly occupied cities in Western Europe, raised flags and banners, rejoicing in the defeat of the Nazi war machine.
Finally, on the 8th of May, German troops throughout Europe laid down their arms: Grand Admiral Donitz surrendered to General Eisenhower and the Western allied command in Reims, France; In Prague, Germans surrendered to their Soviet counterparts, after the latter had lost more than 8,000 soldiers, the Germans many more; in Copenhagen and Oslo; at Karlshorst, near Berlin; in northern Latvia; on the Channel Island of Sark — the German surrender was completed in a final cease-fire. More surrender documents were signed in Berlin and in Eastern Germany.
Participate in the commemorative events dedicated to VE Day. Get a decoration and decals. Fight for the unique RBT-5 and the I-301 premium fighter in the special tournament series. Be sure to take advantage of discounts and offers in the game and in the store.
From 12:00 GMT on the 4th of May until 09:00 GMT on the 10th of May
Discounts up to 50% in game and in the store
30% in-game discount for any vehicles of the allied nations, including premium vehicles!
50% in-game discount for premium account subscriptions of 90 and 365 days!
Special premium vehicle bundles with a discount of up to 50%!
From 11:00 GMT on the 8th of May till 11:00 GMT on the 10th of May
One of the symbols of the Victory will be given to you for 3 wins in any random battles with an activity in the battle of 60% or more in a vehicle of rank III and higher.
The final chapter in the chronicles of World War II
The last step to victory in the chronicles of World War II in War Thunder is very simple! In the chronicle tasks for 8th of May you will receive a decal or decoration for just 1 “Chronicle award”!
You can track your progress by clicking on your nickname → Achievements → Victory in Europe Day.
Event "Flag of Victory"
Whilst the battles rage on the front line there are still some interesting things happening in the rear: a team of saboteurs is going to steal the "Icon" of your army - a military flag! There can be no way that the loss of a valuable symbol can be permitted and it would be much more advantageous to steal the enemy team’s flag instead!
The event will be held in the following locations in Arcade Battle mode: “Advancing to the Rhine” and for the first time, in the location “Berlin”.
For every five battles you will receive a “Victory Trophy” with one of the following items:
- x3 back-up for the vehicles that participated in the battle;
- 30% SL or RP booster.
- A player who captures a flag can be seen by both sides on the minimap and is marked by a flashing marker.
- If the flag bearer’s vehicle is destroyed, the flag remains at the spot where they were destroyed.
- A player may retrieve the enemy flag when dropped, a dropped friendly flag will return to its start position when touched by a friendly player.
- The allied point is marked with blue rhombus and enemy with a red one. If the rhombus is empty - there’s no flag present. If there’s a circle inside it then the flag is within the point.
- Vehicles of BR 4.7-6.7 are available to play in the event. Your line-up will be balanced according to the vehicle with a max BR.
- 7 respawns are available.
“VICTORY” Tournament series
Take part in the special “VICTORY” Tournament series during May 2018 on the tss.warthunder.com website dedicated to the Victory in Europe day anniversary and have a chance of winning the rare Soviet RBT-5 tank or the I-301 Soviet fighter or even both!
The War Thunder Team