Update 22.03.2018 (220.127.116.11)
- A bug where an explosion from artillery shells near a ground vehicle created high-frequency noise has been fixed.
- The sound of dropped empty casings in vehicles with recoilless rifles has been fixed (source).
- A bug where the Ho-204 had no sound after first shot has been fixed (source).
- A bug where the sounds of firing from AAA in other players vehicles was missing has been fixed (source).
- A bug where full screen mode and minimising the client caused music compositions to restart from the beginning has been fixed.
- A bug where it was possible that the sound effects could reduce performance on PCs with lower specifications has been fixed (source).
- Client stability has been improved.
- Т-64А — The following shells have been added to the researchable ammunition loadout:
- 3OF26 HE shell;
- 3BM15 APFSDS .
- Т-64B — 3OF26 HE shell has been added to the researchable ammunition loadout. 3BK12M HEATFS-shell which was obsolete for the T-64B in 1984 has been changed to 3BK18M which was put into service in 1980.
- Leopard 2K:
- Fire rate has been changed from 12 to 9 shots per minute (from 5 to 6.7 seconds per round). Note - Previous fire rate was set by lack of accurate information about reloading in the Leopard 2K cannon. Analysis of statistics has shown that the chosen fire rate was superfluous and it was decided to increase reload time based on the known values of the reloading time of tanks with 120mm cannons and similar ammunition placement.
- BR for all game modes has been changed from 8.7 to 9.0.
- AMX-13(FL.11) — Researchable M61 shell has been added to the ammunition. Source: Guide d'entretien de l'Engine Blindé de Reconnaissance - E.B.R. - 75 à tourelle FL. 11. Ministère des Armées "Terre", Etat-Major de l'Armée, Bureau ARMET
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristics and weaponry changes:
- A13 (all), Crusader Mk.III, AEC MK.II AA, Ferdinand, Coelian, Ostwind, Crusader AA Mk.II, M22, BM-8-24, Т-28, Т-28E, Chieftain Mk.5 — The order in which ammunition is used has been clarified.
- Chieftain Mk.10 — The number of shells in the first-order ammo rack has been changed from 3 to 18..
- M48A1, M60, M103 - The thickness of the rangefinder armour (based on the thickness of the M47 armour) has been changed to 16mm.
- Tortoise, E-100, Maus - The thickness of the material of the breech has been changed from 60 to 300 mm.
- AMX-30 - The bug with incorrect armour thickness of the turret mantlet has been fixed. The thickness has been changed from 20 to 41.5 mm.
- Sd.Kfz.234/2, Sd.Kfz.234/4 - The type of material for the chassis elements has been changed to ”Structural steel”.
- AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972) - Engine power has been changed from 700 to 720 horsepower. Source: AFV Weapons Profile No. 63: AMX-30 Battle Tank. - R. M. Ogorkiewicz // Kampfpanzer. Die Entwicklungen der Nachkriegszeit - Rolf Hilmes.
- AMX-30B2 - Engine power has been changed from 700 to 680 horsepower. Source: Documentation Technique, A. M. X. 30 B2, Chassis, Edition 1994
- Т-64А - Ammunition for the paired machine gun has been changed from 2500 to 2000 rounds. Source: Т-64А - Technical Description and manual instructions.
- M24, M24 TL, M24 (SDF) - Crew count has been changed from 4 to 5 members.
- M4A4 (SA50) - The armour for the following areas has been changed:
- Upper frontal plate: 63.5 ->50.8 mm.
- Lower frontal plate: 63.5 ->50.8 mm.
- Source: TM 9-754 "M4A4 Medium Tank", Jan 21,1943
- 5cm Pzgr.39 (5cm Kw.K.38 /Kw.K.39) — The explosive mass has been changed from 27 to 17 grams. Source: Merkblatt geheim 28/1: Zusammenstellung der Explosivstoffgewichte für deutsche Munition (zu H.Dv. 450 Rdnr. 46).
- 10.5cm Pzgr.Rot (10.5cm K.18) - The explosive mass has been changed from 210 to 250 grams. Source: DV460/10 Ringbuch für Sprengladungen Band vom 26-10-42.
- 8.8cm Pzgr. (8.8 cm Kw.K.36 / Flak.37) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “TNT” to “Fp.10+Np.10”. Source: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26-10-42.
- 7.5cm Sprgr.34 (Kw.K.40 L/43/L48, PaK.40, Stu.K.40 L/43/L48) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “Fp.60/40” to “Fp.02”. For the cannons Kw.K.40 L/43/L48, PaK.40, Stu.K.40 L/43/L48 the initial speed has been changed to 550 m/sec. Source: D435-1 Handbuch Die Munition der deutschen Geschutze und Werfer 28.12.1940 // D460-1 bis D460-2 Geschossringbuch Band I-III // Dokumentation W 127: Datenblätter für Heeres-Waffen, Fahrzeuge, Gerät, 1976.
- 8.8cm Sprgr.L4/5 (all 8.8 cm cannons) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “Fp.60/40” to “Fp.02”. The explosive mass has been changed from 935 to 698 grams. The mass has been changed from 10.6 to 9 kg. Sources: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26.10.42 // H.Dv.481-60 Merkblatt fuer die Munition der 88 cm Kampfwagenkanone 36.
- 10.5cm Pzgr (10.5cm K.18 / 10.5cm Kw.K) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “EDNA+H.10” to “Fp.02+Np.10”. The explosive mass has been changed from 240 to 238 grams. Source: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26.10.42
- 40mm Mk.II HE (40mm Bofors) - The type and mass of the explosives has been changed from 25 grams of “Tetryl” to 63 grams of “TNT”. Sources: Catalogue of Standard Ordnance Items, Second Edition, 1944.
- 12cm Short Ordinary HE (12cm Short Gun) - The type and mass of the explosives has been changed from 2.5 kg of “TNT” to 2.515 kg of “TNA” (trinitroanisole or Type 91). Source: Ground weapons specification table (陸戦兵器要目表). Imperial Japanese Navy, Tateyama Naval Gunnery School Research Department (館山海軍砲術学校研究部). 1942. Page 68. JACAR(Japan Center for Asian Historical Records): A03032103400
Flight Model changes:
- The engine has received maximum boost up to 70” (wep).
- Maximum speed has been increased to 714 kmh (444 mph) at an altitude of 7071m.
- Lancaster Mk/1/3:
- Geometric data has been refined.
- Aerodynamic characteristics of the wing, fuselage and tail surfaces have been adjusted.
- Mach polars have been tuned.
- Separate fuel tanks enabled.
- The fuel load, weapon load now affect aircraft performance more accurately.
- Maximum speed values have been updated: The Maximum speeds for operation of mechanical aspects on the chassis, engine working modes updated.
- Landing gear shock-absorber performance updated
- Braking force has been increased.
- Fuel consumption for different engine working modes has been adjusted.
- Thermodynamics has been updated. Now the efficiency of cooling depends on the speed of the incoming air flow.
- WEP is now available only on the second stage of the compressor.
- Upon landing on a water surface, the aircraft will still be able to stay afloat for some time.
- P-47M — A bug where it was impossible to hold the flight direction at maximum speeds when using mouse aim controller has been rectified.
The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums