Update 18.05.2017 (Server Update)
- Wing spar and fuel tank materials characteristics have been updated - they are now less resistant to kinetic ammo, previously specific aircraft’s wing spars could not be damaged by AP rounds (up to 20mm calibre)
- Kinetic ammo (7.5-13 mm) energy loss over distance or when consequently penetrating aircraft construction has been reduced
- Spalling effect mechanics for AP rounds have been updated, now more data is used for a more accurate calculation
- Overheat parameters for high-calibre aircraft M5 cannons (75mm) - previously a gun could overheat after 2-3 shots.
- Armour-piercing ammo belt for 37mm N-37D cannon has been updated - now it has only AP-I rounds
- A.33 Excelsior - number of rounds have been increased from 35 to 64 according to David Fletcher, ''The Universal Tank''. British Armour in the Second World War, Part 2.
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums