Update 10.05.2016 (Server Update)
This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.
- Bomb damage values have been corrected: penetration effect, radius of the damage and effective fragmentation radius Following sources have been used B.A.U. Report №22 "Ground Survey of the Results of an attack by heavy bombers of a german tank concentration", TM 9-1980 "Bombs for Aircraft"; "The Planning and Development of Bombs for the German Air Force". L.Dv.8/g 4 "Das Handwerkszeug fur den Bombenwurf" Teil 4 - Verwendung von Bomben und Zundern.
- Information about bomb characteristics has been added to the interface: model, mass, mass of explosives, type of explosives, possible damage effect distances
- Efficiency of HE shells against lightly armoured or unarmoured units has been increased.
- Fixed the penetration mechanics of aircraft based weaponry. Previously, in some situations, these shells pierced Armour without taking into account Armour sloping and angles, only the reduced geometric thickness of armor.
- Over-increased incendiary effect of the оf PzGr 40 L Spur 30mm rounds has been fixed (ammo for МК-101 and МК-103 cannons).
- Rare bug which caused death of the crew on collision with an allied vehicle has been fixed.
Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums