29 March 2016
Update 29.03.2016 (126.96.36.199)
- New photorealistic technology for sky and cloud rendering has been added. The position of the moon and stars now depends on the season and exact geographical location.
- H8K2 flying boat - rank I.
- H8K3 flying boat (premium) - rank II.
Research and Economy
- The second skin of the Spitfire Mk.XVIe has been removed because it was not used for the Spitfire Mk.XVIe.
- The amount of Spawn Points in realistic combined battles for the Ho.229 has been increased, while the BR has been reduced to 7.0.
- M6A1 - BR has been reduced by 0.3 in all modes.
- Nashorn - BR has been increased by 0.3 in all modes.
- P-61 - The spawn points have been fixed on maps with aircraft carriers.
- M47 - The amount of research points needed to unlock has been reduced to 320,000, instead of 380,000.
- Centurion Mk.10 - The amount of research points needed to unlock was reduced to 270,000, instead of 380,000.
- The amount of spawns has been fixed for these tanks (heavy tanks class): Churchill Mk.III, Churchill Mk.VII, Infanterie Kampfpanzer Churchill, Conqueror.
- The cost of spawning in Realistic Battles has been fixed for these tanks (heavy tanks class): Churchill Mk.III, Churchill Mk.VII, Infanterie Kampfpanzer Churchill, Conqueror.
Ground vehicles performance changes
- Т-54 1947 - Turret rotation speed has been changed from 10 degrees per second to 13 degrees per second. According to: «Soviet armor vehicles 1945-1965г» I.V. Pavlov, M.V. Pavlov.
- Panther Ausf.A, T-V – Turret rotation speed has been changed from 15 degrees per second to 24 degrees per second. Panther Ausf.G – Turret rotation speed has been changed from 15 degrees per second to 20 degrees per second. According to: ''ETO ordnance technical intelligence report No.232 turret traverse speeds of the Pz. Kpfw. Panther Model G from 18 April 1945''. "Germany's Panther Tank, The Quest for Combat Supremacy" Thomas L. Jentz.
- FV4004 Conway - fixed the type of turret armour. Now it’s Rolled homogeneous armour.
- Chieftain Mk.3— artillery has been added.
- The repair of tracks has changed. Now both tracks are repaired at the same time as opposed to separately.
- The mechanics of critical damage to the engine and transmission has been changed in arcade battles. In case of critical engine damage, tanks lose the ability to move for 10 seconds and after this time the tank can move again, but the engine power is reduced by 40% of what it originally was. In case of transmission damage, tanks are immobilised for 10 seconds and after this time movement is possible again, but the transmission remains only half of the lower gear ratios. After the repair of the engine or of the tank's transmission, efficiency raises back to 100%.
- Now you can start replays with the command line (aces.exe -replay path/to/replay.wrpl)
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums