Update 30.07.2020 (22.214.171.124)
- The icons of corresponding gaming platforms (PC and consoles) have been added to the players nicknames. Icons for consoles will be visible to PC players and vice versa.
- New sound events for explosions have been created.
- New sound events for gunshots have been created.
- New sound events for projectiles flying past nearby the observer in all calibres have been created.
- New sounds of the flight and flypast of ATGM’s and unguided rockets have been added.
- The volume balance of major sound event groups has been reworked.
Ground vehicle characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:
- Clarifications in the designation of British ground vehicles of rank III.
- BMP-3 — A bug has been fixed with jerky movement when turning from halted whilst the W and A/D buttons are pressed, the vehicle repeatedly trying to switch between N and first gears.
- Pvrbv 551, Lvrbv 701, Type 94, Sd.Kfz.221, AEC Mk.II — A bug where the vehicle continued to turn for a while after releasing the A/D keys has been fixed.
- CV90120 — The initial speed of the DM23 shell has been changed from 1640 to 1680 m/sec with corresponding adjustments of the armour penetration value. Source: RUAG — 120mm Compact Tank Gun brochure.
- M60A2 — Sight magnification has been reduced to 8х/10х variable. Source: FM 17-12-4 — Tank Gunnery, M60A2.
- T-69 IIG, Ikv 91 — A bug where there was no automatic setup of the distance for the laser rangefinder has been fixed.
- Challenger 2 (all modifications), Vickers Mk.7 — The vertical guidance speed of the cannon has been changed from 5 to 11 degrees per second. Source: Vickers Tanks: From Landships to Challenger 2, Christopher F. Foss & Peter Mckenzie, Keepdate Publishing, 1988-1995 // Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, Haynes Manual, Haynes Publishing, 2018.
- Ostwind II — A bug where the thickness of the breech part of the cannon was 5mm thick has been fixed.
- ANTI II — The Swedish flag in the vehicle card has been replaced by the Finnish flag.
- Ariete (P), Ariete, Ariete PSO — The elevation angle of anti-aircraft machine guns has been changed from 20 to 60 degrees.
- M60A1 Ariete, M60A2, M60A3 TTS, M60A3 TTS (Сhina) — A bug where the depression angle of the cannon didn’t reach the value indicated in the vehicle card by 1 degree has been fixed.
The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
Discuss on the Forums