This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.
Special attention has been paid to the balance of the ‘top-end’ ground machines of all nations according to statistics. Those vehicles will once again be situated in their own Matchmaking bracket - 8.0
Overview of changes:
- M4A3E2 Jumbo and Premium version - Added APCR projectile T45.
- M4A2 Sherman - Added APCR projectile T45.
- T-34E - Due to its increased Battle Rating, this vehicle has received additional 76mm ammunition to its wartime arsenal, as it’s BR is now similar to T-34E STZ, T-34 1942 etc.
- Pz IV / 70 (A) - Added APCR projectile PzGr40 / 42.
- FV221 Caernarvon - Fixed a bug in combined Realistic Battles which allowed the vehicle to rejoin the battle at the same cost of a medium tank of equal BR.
- For ground vehicles of Rank I (except anti aircraft vehicles) with a weapon calibre of 50mm or less, HE shells will be removed for both primary and secondary (e.g. 45mm turrets of T-35) armament. This change has been implemented to make the game more friendly for beginners, who are not yet familiar with the different kinds of ammunition available and were, due to the limited effectiveness of low caliber HE, often dealing no damage to their enemies. We will closely monitor this change, please leave your feedback about it on our forums.
- A bug where rocket tanks were able to launch rockets non-stop while situated within capture zones has been fixed.
- The time it takes to reload a rocket on capture points has been increased: BM-8-24 - up to 8 secs, Calliope and M26T99 - up to 10 secs. The Panzerwerfer 42 reload time for a single rocket has been reduced to 12.
- Turning whilst in neutral gear is now possible for the Jpz 4-5
- A mistake in the AP and APHE ammo info card has been fixed: previously it could show 100% ricochet chance at certain angles - the wrong angle was shown (15 degrees instead of 25).
Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.