This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.
- The damage model of crew members has been fixed - rifle calibre bullets and spalling do not pierce through a body and thus do not damage several crew members sitting in one line.
- The parameters of the defense equivalent for the following materials have been changed: tracks - from 0.9 to 0.7, constructional steel - from 1 to 0.45, constructional steel of the chassis from 0.7 to 0.6
- The thickness of specific elements in the Churchill Mk.III (German premium variant as well) has been changed:
- lower front plate - from 114.3 mm to 76.2 mm
- hull sponson sides - from 76.2 mm to 63.5 mm
- hull sides - from 63.5 mm to 50.8 mm
- front plate of the sponsons - from 76.2 mm to 63.5 mm
- *According to T.D.5912 scheme, The Tank Museum - Churchill Tank. Vehicle History and Specification
The given elements were defended by external plates that were made of steel armour and the internal plating that was made of soft steel, previously the overall thickness was calculated as if it was armour steel.
- The thickness of specific elements of the Churchill Mk.VII has been changed:
- lower front plate from 152 mm to 139 mm
- Machine gun protection from 76.2 mm to 25.4 mm.
- *According to T.D.26924, The Tank Museum - Churchill Tank. Vehicle History and Specification
- The thickness of specific elements of the FV221 Caernarvon tank has been changed. Front turret armour and mask thickness is equivalent to the Centurion Mk.3 (since the Caernarvon used the same turret as the Centurion Mk.3 according to “AFV Weapons Conqueror Heavy Gun Tank” by Major Michael Norman, pp. 9-10 ).
- Turning in neutral gear is now available for the A43 Black Prince.
- Turning in neutral gear for the 3-inch Gun Carrier has been fixed
- Maximal turret turning speed for A43 Black Prince has been changed from 15 degrees per second to 17 degrees per second according to (Preliminary trials - Black Prince A43 March 22md, 1945. Application A, tables 5,6).
- Minimal depression angle for RBT-5 has been changed from 0 degrees to +7 degrees since it is the only possible minimum to correct the rocket hitting the rail defenses when launched.
- M8 HE penetration value has been decreased from 32 to 29 mm (Calliope, M26 T99)
- Projectile core for 83mm Shot Mk3 has been reduced to 40 mm from 80 mm.
- Direct kinetic damage bug for 76.2 mm ammo Sh-354T has been fixed (previously it did not knock-out a crew member in the vehicle with an open turret upon direct hit).
- Spalling penetration value and damage sector for APCR, APDS and HEAT rounds has been reduced. Spalling cone parameters of the APCR rounds are similar to those of the APDS rounds. The Spalling penetration value for most fragments does not allow piercing through several crew members and does damage within a lesser sector.
- Ricochet parametres for APC rounds are now equivalent to APCBC.
- Number of respawns for A43 Black Prince has been fixed from 2 to 1 in tank sim battles.
- Visibility parameter for the FV221 has been changed.
Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.
Client Update (184.108.40.206) :
- The error that occurred during game launch while using both client version of the game has been fixed.
Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users.
The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.