15 March 2019
Tournament Leagues and Divisions in War Thunder
Some time ago, we made a devblog about introduction of the rating system in the automated tournaments. While you read this, players who participate in tournaments are gaining rating points and forming the rating leaderboards in different gaming modes - this helped us develop a system of “War Thunder Leagues” - sets of tournaments that are divided into three divisions based on the tournament rating of players.
Divisions of the War Thunder League
Each of the three divisions is based on the certain range of rating that depends on the experience and success that the player has. This system is designed to prevent experienced players to be matched with newcomers who have just started their eSport career.
Playing in the “War Thunder League” will influence your personal rating and allow you to move from one division to another:
- BRONZE War Thunder League III — starting division, where players with minimal rating take their first steps. More than 200 tournaments for all game modes with the prize fund of over 75,000 Golden Eagles per season.
- SILVER War Thunder League II — division for the cyber athletes with an average tournament rating. More than 250 tournaments with the prize fund of over 450,000 Golden Eagles per season.
- GOLD War Thunder League I — top division for players with the high rating. Over 250 tournaments with the prize fund of over 1,200,000 Golden Eagles per season.
The ongoing automatic tournaments are your initial qualification before the start of the “War Thunder League”. Gain points now so you can get a head start in a higher division.
We plan to start the tournaments in all three divisions of the “War Thunder League” by the end of March. These tournaments replace almost all automatic tournaments available now, with the exception of air race and navy tournaments.
Seasons of the War Thunder League
Each season consists of weekly stages and runs for 3 months. At the end of each season of the “War Thunder League” there will be a special stage of Grand Finals where winners of the season will be determined. All players, that register in any tournament for the first time, will receive a bonus of the starting rating of 1000 points. This will allow them to start playing in the Silver division of War Thunder League.
War Thunder League tournaments will be available on different servers and time zones:
- Far East, on RU server, from 07:00 UTC to 12:00 UTC.
- Europe, on EU server, from 17:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC.
- America, on US server, from 22:00 to 02:00 UTC.
Players can pick any tournament based on the server and time frame without limitations.
Rules of the War Thunder League
- Basic Rules of the War Thunder League are regulated by Rules of the individual tournaments of the ongoing Season;
- During a season, players can freely move from one division to another or from one team to another, based on their personal rating;
- During a season, players can change team names, in compliance with the Rules of tournaments on the tss.warthunder.com;
- League Organizers can set the new rating ranges for divisions, change Rules and prizes for each new season of the League;
- At the end of each season, the League Organizers will announce the schedule and rules of the grand-finals of the divisions.
Tournament modes and formats:
- Air tournaments in Arcade, Realistic and Simulator Battles modes in 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 formats;
- Tank tournaments in Arcade, Realistic and Simulator Battles modes in 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 formats;
- Combined arms tournaments in Arcade and Realistic Battles modes in the 4 vs 4 format.
In the future we plan adding navy tournaments in Arcade and Realistic Battles modes.
Tournament bracket types in the War Thunder League:
- Single elimination - for 1 vs 1 tournaments;
- Single elimination with group stage - for 1 vs 1 tournaments;
- Double elimination with group stage - for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 tournaments;
- Swiss system tournament bracket - for 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 tournaments.
Other news about tournaments in War Thunder
User Tournaments and War Thunder eSports Partnership Program