Focke-Wulf vs Lavochkin
From 15:00 GMT on 20th of May until 07:00 GMT on 23rd of May
Participate in Air duels between La-5F and Fw-190A-4
The La-5 - an all-wood Soviet fighter aircraft with an air-cooled engine that replaced the LaGG. During World War 2, these fighters proved to be deadly against the famous German Focke-Wulf. In these duels the German side will be represented by the Fw-190А-4.
[Operation] Kuban - RB,SB
Aircraft from late 1942
For completion of each stage you will get a "Supply Box", which contains one of the following items:
- Back-ups x5 for German or Soviet aircraft of ranks 2-4
- 10%-75% RP and SL gain boosters
- Random discount for German or Soviet premium aircraft (excluding vehicles from update 1.57)
- Random camouflage x2 for German or Soviet aircraft
Tasks (can be completed in events):
Whilst flying the La-5F destroy 30, 60, 100 German aircraft on locations “Kuban” and “Mozdok”
Whilst flying the Fw-190A-4 destroy 30, 60, 100 Soviet aircraft on locations “Kuban” and “Mozdok”.
- Missions can be accomplished in the special events whilst using the vehicles stated above in the special (not in "Enduring Confrontation").
- You may follow your progress in your Profile-> Achievements-> Aircraft duels.
- In Realistic and Simulator mode a player needs to destroy half as many enemy vehicles.
- You will receive a Supply Box for completing each stage.
These fighters first met in the skies above Stalingrad and their advantages and disadvantages were revealed pretty quickly. The La-5 with an air-cooled M-82 engine turned out to be a truly universal aircraft that could use various tactics depending on the enemy and its two 20mm ShVAK cannons were enough to destroy any fighter and most bombers, except perhaps the He.111 that were extremely dangerous due to their defensive armament.
The Focke-Wulf though having a worse climb rate excelled at diving and could retain speed nicely because of its mass. Its armament consisting of MGs and cannons was able to destroy any possible opponent with one burst. The Fw.190 had only 2 serious issues - low altitude flying and turn-fighting.